I have been testing out quite a few chewing gums over the last weeks. There are many good ones and most are quite similiar, however i have found Clorets XP to be a clear leader in strength and endurance of taste.

On the other hand, I found that the pink Xylish tastes worse than your own spit within about 10 minutes of chewing. It also loses its springy rubberiness just as fast.

Japan turns out some good gum.

I only chew the sugarless stuff as the other makes your teeth go hairy and feel horrible.

Favs are Lotte Lime Mint, and Black and Black.

I'm quite displeased about recent changes in colour coding though. To me, green always meant Spearmint which I hate. This meant that I didn't try the lime mint for a long time. Also I've always taken blue to be Pepper Mint or Fresh Mint. But recently the new mint flavours, 'Chemical Mint' or 'Swimming Pool Mint', has been appearing in a dirty blue colour, so I've unhappily chewed my way through several packets of that.

db, you should know that management types don't chew gum, even if nothing is said directly about it. My bucho used to go on at me all the time about it, for all the difference it made to my customers.

I'd like to try alternatives like coca leaves, betelnut, and khat.

Come to think of it, being in possession of such prodigious mint flavour, I suspect that my beloved Clorets XP is in fact of the 'Fly Spray Mint' variety. \:\(

Black and Black is pretty good though, however it doesn't have a nice shiny packet. For some reason I equate the shiny packet with shiny teeth.

I am a gum marketing victim.

The bucho will have to put up with it for a while longer. Besides, he takes heaps from me anyway.

Not really much to say on this extremly riveting thread. Sorry. I am more of a mint guy. Ricaldent Mints, Frisk Mints etc. I need lots of sharpening up and gum just does not do it. Too much hassle in the stuff with having to wrap it in the paper and all when you finish.

I was in the need for gum this arvo and there was Clorets XP, hmm I thought to myself, time to give it a go.....and .db. is on the money, this is good gum. True minty flavour with great indurance and silky texture! I am sold, thanks for the heads up .db. \:D