Does anyone here collect and use Air Miles? Where have you been on freebies?

Me being the silly bod I can be at times, I only really started collecting a few years back. So I'm looking forward to one day taking that freeby trip.

I have been collecting since airlines first started mileage programs....they really pay off...

have used them mainly for domestic travel in the US (visit family and friends)...also for class upgrades, and once for a ski trip to france!

good things those miles are...

danz

I think a rt from tokyo-ny will get you around 13000miles...you usually need around 25000miles for a free domestic flight....50k for international...upgrades are usually less (like 15000)...

danz

the flight miles add up, but can take a while to get the free flights. But if you have the credit card of the airline you usually get double points if you spend overseas. I am getting that on mine and they add up fast.

I got 2 free flights to Hokkers last year just for flying to mexico from Oz once! was well worth it.

You just have to be careful that you don't go out of your way to spend too much just to get the points..

You should use the air miles you accrue as soon as you are able to. You never know when the airline will go bankrupt or just call it quits on the program. There was a lot of talk of this during the big airline crisis a couple years back.