Cheapest way to send money overseas

If you send money back home / overseas - how do you do it? Post office? Bank? I find the post office to be the cheapest.... I was just wondering if there were any other ways that might be cheaper.

Thanks

k

If you have a local Japan account with Citibank then you can do it all online. Dunno about cheap, but it is easy. You can do large sums as well without issue. Don't know if it is cheap relative to other options.

For large sums I found Lloyds TSB service to be quite nifty. You have to sign up but then just pop into any bank and furikomi transfer it to their mizuho bank account. 1000 yen flat rate and competitive exchange rates

lloyds is the go. it's actually 2000 yen a time to send cash home, but the rates are pretty good and if you send over a million yen at a time they let you send it in yen ( in Oz rate is better to change there), Maybe over a million yen fee is cheaper??

Citibank used to charge about 4000yen unless you had more than a million in ya bank account. Thats why i changed to Lloyds.

Lloyds hey. Hmmm, I am always trying to make life easier for myself:

- do lloyds have atm's all over town?

- with Lloyds, can you exectute the transaction on line without paying a branch a visit?

Quote:
Originally posted by d=(^o^)=b:
Lloyds hey. Hmmm, I am always trying to make life easier for myself:

- do lloyds have atm's all over town?
- with Lloyds, can you exectute the transaction on line without paying a branch a visit?
to answer your questions
1. NO
2. yes, I transfer my cash from my UFJ online account to my Llyods account.

Everyone seems to rage against shittybank.

Hey sunrise, just for fun and to fuel the fire.....2003 citibank net income = US$17.85 billion. I think you should cut them some slack lol.gif (just pulling your leg)

Yep of course the UFJ is all Japanese. The day they united and became UFJ the english went missing from all ATM's!

I am no Kanji expert but once you have entered your accounts that you want to send to, its a piece of piss. You just have to get that far first.

yes, formerly Db you can do it online!