For those who went to college/uni (probably most here) - were you a hard working student or a complete dosser who never did any work and just about scraped through?

My friends and I were discussing this the other night and it was interesting to talk about how we all went through college. I worked hard, but had a good play at the same time. One of my friends told me he never got up before 3pm ( eek.gif ) and basically did no work until he really had to, and just about passed his degree.

Ah student days.....

I was somewhere in the middle. Had a few wild periods, but did knuckle down to the work when I had to.

BTW, I had a friend I shared a house with who usually got up at about 4pm, he would have thought 3 was early lol.gif

My first year in the real world after graduating was really depressing. I started a job, had to get up, had to limit my partying - and the job was just boring. I wondered what the hell I was doing and where my life was going. I wasn't prepared for it at all.

at uni at the moment. work when i need to, party when im not working. most of my work is fairly interesting though, so it isnt that much of a burden to stop partying for (bar all my electives)

most of my off-time from doing school work is going to see bands. which i want to do because of my program anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by woywoy:

Manda, what are you studying? What do you want to be when you "grow up"?
the course is radio and television arts. im just midway through a year of radio broadcasting and audio theory which i enjoy. we do a bit of everything - journalism, broadcasting, technical stuff.

i dont know what i want to do later on. i enjoy the course, but a part of me feels that the decision was made based on the fact that i wanted to go to university but nothing else appealed in the slightest. i really didnt enjoy high school and being forced to take subjects i had no interest in.

It was kind of a cross between the hard and soft sides. The soft involved partying, seeing bands/going to clubs, getting up late, missing lectures/tutes, smoking-up and deciding to go mountainbiking or couch surfing etc etc. The hard involved working as a dish-pig/painter etc to pay for the soft side/living costs, staying up all night to complete almost every paper I wrote and cramming for exams.

A few things I tried to keep constant were necessary lectures/tutes, reading and research for papers. I worked a lot harder in my final year in order to get better grades, but all-in-all I did a lot of pissing about. Fun times but I enjoy my life more now.