Do you know your neighbour?

I live in aparto building, but I notice I don't know many of the people near me. Some of them I don't even know how they are look.

Sometimes I watch movie or tv and people seem to know all about neighbour etc.

So, do you know your neighbour(s) much?

I know the neighbor to the south of me well. She is an older Japanese lady with 5 dogs. I help her out sometimes with them. She's really cool. The neighbors to the north.....I have no idea. I live in their dad's old house and he just disappeared (Yakuza we think...). They won't talk to us. This is the first time gaijin have lived in this area by the beach.

It's really weird how one can be so accepting and one wont even say hello. I guess anywhere could be like that though, so I don't think about it too much.

an older guy moved in to the apt two doors down from me in the summer. my parking spot is right next to his back yard. if i saw him on the street, i would say konnichiwa or whatever. a couple of months ago on a sunday, he knocked on my door and asked to borrow 100yen. strange, but i gave it to him. he returned it the next day. then a week later, he asked to borrow 500yen. he still hasn't returned it. confused.gif

I'm not too friendly with mine actually. The ones before had a dog - in an aparto when they shouldn't - so the current ones are better I suppose. Those people with the dog made me mad.

• 2 weeks later...