1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

capt which assassin did you get there are 3 of them? the one offered at tramdock is the lowest end of the assassin line.

100kgs.... should be ok just remember that it is built for the park first, as is any twintip. all skis carve just depends on how you tip the ski on edge.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep... knew that... didn't even consider the lowest end assassin... went for the mtx instead of the mtx pro because the only difference between the two was that the mtx had a narrower waist... and since i'm essentially buying for doing stage 1, that's what i wanted and needed...

OK, I think I've worked out what to get:

Skis:

Me: Assassin MTX Pro for on/park

8800 Legend for pow (my understanding is it's med stiffness?)

GF: T: Nine X or head monster lightning

bindings:

MTX Pro: not sure ? The line bindings cost a fair bit, and there weren't all that many other bindings from tramdock. Can you suggest something?

8800:

Thinking of the p12 FR binding, although they suggest the lifter, i don't know if it would make much difference? Alternately, any other suggestions?

lightning: would be the standard tyrolia binding

t nine x would be - no idea \:\(

dont buy a lifter you dont need it.

The line binders arent worth it and are too heavy, looks are fine. the sally 912ti is a great binding. I mailed the lion and Im waiting to hear back from him.

what size are your womans feet?

that's a good question...

i should check it out

it turns out my sister also wants a ski...

thinking of the head mojo with the tyrolia bindings or the t nine x again with whatever a good binding is.

women are weird

\:\)

you need to look at the bottom of the boot and tell me the sole size.

I would go diamir freeride bindings for ladies.

one they can hike easy. two they can traverse easy. 3 super light and strong.

She should fit the small size diamir which can be found cheap on the net.

• 2 weeks later...

After too much deliberation/working out what sis/gf want, it seems that somebody else went and bought the line ass. mtx pro, FT suggested the PE, but I can't find anywhere with a decent price who want to ship to Aus...

Options are (for a 70-80mm waist ski) -

Dyn. trouble maker (too soft for hard pack?)

Line Chronic (same again?)

Scratch FS (same again?)

Volkl Expression(no idea!)

Both of these around 75mm in the waist

B2 - bit too damp?

Atomic M:10 - too stiff for park maybe, but leaning towards it currently

• 1 month later...

regarding mt lion. he is a close friend of mine, and if he is not getting back to you just wait, he will. you can also find him frequently on biglines.com.

but, that being said, be warned that he is in canada and canadapost will not ship skiis. no exceptions, they just refuse to. plain and simple. he has had trouble with this in the past and the only way for him to get you skiis over the pacific is to use a private courier and that means lots of cash. otherwise he is a true gem. and if you need anything else, he can get it.

good luck.

Fattwins: It's hard to sell fat skis in Australia, there's not much demand from locals. People going to the northern hemisphere might be interested, except it looked like too much work \:\(