• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sava I have his email but untill I talk to him I dont want to hand it out.

He is a very good guy and you dont have to worry about him at all.

His handle is mtlion at TGR Forums here is the link to the Teledaddie thread.

Then tell him Nick from Japan told you about him. The more skis you buy the cheaper the shipping is. Ask him if he can pass you on his present gear list. he has lots of stuff. the top sheets will be scratched up from the heli rides but the skis are always bang on. get the binders also.

If you dont want to sign up at TGR ill email mtlion and then send you his personal email addy.

How is that?

link

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28528

thanks heaps!

know any other people/places that are good for gear?

don't have to be the absolute cheapest, just a decent amount available...

it's all too complicated \:\(

also

why is kyoto bad?

also check www.tramdock.com and www.backcountry.com and www.backcountryoutlet.com

May not have much stock in at the moment though.

Get a pair of 85 - 100 mm underfoot skis for Japan. You will seldom use anything else here apart from spring and early season before the trees are available.

Get yourself some Line assasins and some Line motherships and one pair of reactor bindings.

Hey capt every line binding I saw this year had the worst binding drag. Do you really rate them that high. Guys on their own team wont use em.

I love the way they build their skis but im not ready to buy the binding.

sava as for the rockets i wouldnt pay more than 400 auzzie for it. I not a huge fan although they are bad for auz. Just dont like the fact that they keep kacking up thee price for the same ski year after year no changes.

fishers good and forgiving, biggest ski maker in the world and is for a reason. they wont fall apart and can do everything pretty much. that width might not ski the bumps well.

Explosive great soft snow eater! I tried them and fell in love. stiff but you can rail them in 2 cms of powder.

rang a few more places...

hard to get 85+mm

can get a few 80ish...

mainly (in $au):

rossi scratch fs - $630

public enemy - $499

rossi B2 - $550

there's a store with lots of wide stuff, and has:

elan 777, k2 recon, pocket rocket and big stix...

only found out the price for the pocket rock $900 \:\(

I'm probably only going to do about 1 week in nz and i can use my dying head m70s... would like something 75-85 for japan though and some NZ hiking...

to you ring the mtlion?

I think you can get 2 pairs of skis with bindings shipped for under 900 auzzie.

then flip one in auz for 450.

the Pe is a good all round ski.

Elan is not big here, but when ive owned them in the passsssssssttttttttt, I found them to be pretty good.

As i said the Pocket Rocket is way overpriced. How do you charge 500 the first year and 900, 4 years later with only top sheet changes. Sally boggles my mind.

Id go PE before B2 cause you can get a better ride in the park.

What do you mean by "binding drag"? Are you saying that they are too wide for the skis?

I have a pair but I havent used them yet - the line skis I got (and siem got) were shipped directly to NZ. Siems getting some too. If we really dont like them we can always get others - and there wont even be any extra holes in our skis. It really does make traveling with multiple pairs of skis easy.

anyway, we will see.

Sava - forget shopping in OZ or NZ - they are overpriced. Even including shipping better deals are available if you buy from the US, especially now that the season is over.

Now go to this page and select your powder ski. any of the fat skis they have available in your length will be fine.

http://www.tramdock.com/tramdock/group/18/c1/s1/Fat-Skis.html

Then go to this page and purchase the line Assasin for all-round and park.

http://www.tramdock.com/tramdock/group/125/s1/Park-and-Pipe-Skis.html

Shipping will be about 150 for 2 pairs at a guess but if you add them to your shopping cart and put in your address you an find out for sure. You may find similar skis in exactly the same format stuff at www.backcountry.com

enjoy

Fatts: I might do that, I'm just about to pm him. The pockets for $900 was a bit silly, even with bindings it would be too much.

Stag: Thanks for those, the shipping is a lot more reasonable than I thought it would be (I've been quoted $250usd+ by other companies).

Turns out that my gf is also after some skis (she would want something 150-160 and 70-80mm in the waist I think) which makes the shipping a bit more economical she's a good intermediate - any suggestions for a fem ski? ;\)

Will have another post in an hour or so with skis i'm considering ;\)

dont rush talk to the lion and look at stags links.

Stag knows as much as me about skis, except that I hoard equipment and he shops a bit more wisely.

The Shipping into Japan is much more expensive then the shipping into NZ or AUZ I dont really understand why.

The lion is only really goo for fat boards.

Capt

what Ive seen for real has been that the brakes do not retract all the way up. thus you get the brakes hanging off to the side of the skis instead of folding up. from edge bottom to brake was about 5mm and the brakes were touching the snow every time I saw a pair.

As Ive said before the brakes are a great idea but they still havent worked out enough bugs for me to buy em.

For touring the added weight of trekkers and line bindings would be a pain. If you are doing all day hikes I just cant see it being comfortable. That said I cant stand my looks and trekkers together anymore for long hikes, im going freerides next year and the trekkers are sticking around for short tours starting at the top of ski resorts.

ok, you guys are *awesome*.

not going to rush into it, and waiting to hear back from mtlion, also talked to gf. For my skinnier ski, it doesn't necessarily have to be a twin tip, but I would like something that can carve hard/groomed/ice as well as being able to go off. Probably 60 groomed, 40 easily accessed off piste not deep, NZ stuff.

From that site, Considering bigstix 7.6, head m75, assassin (thanks stag!). Not sure which of these would be best - would have also considered the mad trix, but they only have it in 163, too small \:\(

Going to wait on the fats until hear back from lion. The links from stag totally kick ass also.

nothing really I just prefer the specs of the chronic. specs 110-80-103

The Assasin was made to be an affordable park ski for young jibbers. Think of it as a K2 fujative. The goal of the ski is to not break the bank and still give you everything that you need for the park. Possible thinner piece of wood in the ski. specs 112-75-101