• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking for something that can be used on/off piste - i ski in new zealand and plan on returning to japan for a month next year.

Would like to do some BC stuff, haven't yet but plan to in NZ.

I'm (almost) happy to buy 2 pairs of ski, one for on piste and off piste from lifts and one for park/hiking - if I can get them cheap end of season.

Fattwins: I'm not a twintip skier, but i'd like to be ;\) - I'm not used to the 90-100 mm waists though, i've demoed k2 public enemy and the stockli snake. I was considering going with the M:10 + a 90+, but I don't have any experience with 90+ so I have no idea what to look for \:\(

Located in Aus currently.

Yamakashi: He might not need his cold night and then warm morning with exactly 2" snow with a firm base skis ;\)

Got bored and did a ring around of stores near me, none of them have anything 90mm+ there's very little market for it in Aus apparently.

sava many questions many different ways of thinking.

I truely believe the best all round balnaced one ski quiver is 80mm under foot. I dont like gimmks on my skis either. damping the ski just adds dollars to the ski. 90mms in a soft ski like a seth pistol, Sally, line, or a fisher will give a great powder ski that is forgiving and will preform GS turns at speed. Do not think that they will be good in the bumps they wont be great in the bumps.

I find that dynastar builds a great ski for all round sking look to a legend 88 or around 80 for everything. I love my dynastars. I tour on them. 88mm waists and they rip corn snow like its butttterrrr. The powder is a piece of cake on them too, the steeper the better.

80 mm skis are the so called mid fat ski but dont think of it that way. they will carve good small and wide GS turns. Also give you floatation in the powder, last narrow enough to keep it together in tighter bumps.

Now stiff or soft here is the question?

Im all over the place on this right now.

Last season I was a stiff guy this season I dont know where I stand. I bought a pair of mid to soft flexing powder skis and found them to be prefect. granted they are 190s and 126 tip 96waist 122 tail skis. mighty fat but mighty damn fast in the powder. Very forgiving when landing jumps. Also they could rail the groomed no problems. That said Im only 172cms and 75kgs at my heaviest, mostly 72kgs. Thus this ski is a big ski for me.

Stiff if you get the right fit a stiff ski rails turns like no other. The problem is if its too stiff for you the ski controls you and you dont control it. My deep powders 135tip 115waist 125tail are stiff! they hate the groomed but love anything soft. they fly and can be pushed to very fast speeds.

For my park and touring skis I prefer a mid flexing ski. Why you just never know what your going to get in the BC. You need a balance of forgiveness and power. Park the same a stiff enough tail to pull out landings but soft enough not to snap you on your head. the ski should also have pop.

Damn that is alot.

Fattwins: Thanks for such a good reply!

I understand and agree (without experience) with what you're saying. The main thing is currently to actually find someone who has the skis for a reasonable price, additionally, it's hard to demo in the southern winter for something to take to Japan ;(.

mate, I feel for you bout that fine, but its not finalized yet is it? If its your first offense you might get off with the low figure you gave me...at least thats me being optimistic.

You should be in a diff. job anyways mate... but Ive said that before to ya. Lemme know bout Sunday once you speak with da rafting company eh.

I know I gotta move on cb or I gotta start busting my nuts again. I hope that the rafting will give me all the spending cash I need over the summer and Ill hand my paycheques over to my wife.

yeah I teach but I either need to get out of kyoto or out of teaching. I like beening with the kids and am in a great system.... but the pay sucks poo.

The sugar daddies are very good the stomps arent. The stomps are just too stiff for what they were designed for. dont buy old sugar daddies with atomic bindings they are too heavy.

I know a guy in Canada selling heli daddies for 350 with bindings, but you will have to add shipping to the price. heli daddies are sugar daddies.