Fuji-Q Highland is my favorite. It is in Shizuoka...it features, among other good rides, the Fujiyama roller coaster...once one of the best in the world. If you don't have a car, you can get there by bus from Shinjuku in about 2 hours (I think).

It is still one of the best in the world. It was the tallest/fastest a number of years back I believe - but its an excellent coaster.

Try Dodonpa at the same park, thats a blast.

you MUST experience dodonpa- still the fasted roller coaster in the world i think. 0 to 107mph in 1.8seconds. you can literally feel the skin on your face being pulled back.

I'm probably going to Alton Towers in the UK this summer (got a friend living near there). Haven't been for quite a long time, I wonder what its like now.

Bit far from Japan, sorry!

rach

I went last year and I thought it was looking a bit rough...nothing major, but the rides looked like they could of done with cleaning up and things like that.

Nemisis is still a great ride. Air is decent, but it would have been better if it were more white-knuckle.

im going to cedar point later this summer.

i hear there is a coaster there thats g-force (or whatever) is so strong you can't put your arms up or you might dislocate your shoulders.

or something to that extent.

doesnt sound that appealing confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Alton Towers. Aaahh. My first "white knuckle" ride, the Corkscrew. I was petrified and spend the day avoiding it. then just before it closed I picked up the courage - and loved it. It's still there and creaking around, its a pretty rough ride now.

Nemesis is an excellent ride, can't believe thats 10 years old now.