Australia/NZ season - not long now?

yes indeedy doodie.

will be working at Mt. Buller the last week in july and all of august, except from tha 4th. til tha 8th. i`ll be at Mt. Hotham that week.

bring it on huey!

doesnt look like there has been any snow just yet!!

a little worried myself

i know we did get a little "out of season" stuff back in feb/march

but the fields are empty

SBF, you working down there??

She'll be right lama! We just need the high's to start moving north. They are still too south for my liking. The mountains may get a dusting tonight. Still got some time up our sleeves before the season gets going.

Not working down there. I was considering it, but decided to pass. Going to make another trip to Japan instead. \:D

You working in the snow?

What resorts do you ride?

G'Day again window cleaner, and welcome!

I lurk on the ski.com.au forums. Never posted there though.

I'm getting a season pass for Perisher Blue, so that's where i'll be for the most part. But like i mentioned previously i want to head down and check out Mt Hotham.

I don't live in Japan, i'm in Sydney.

We might be able to meet up, I plan to be there too.

Funny that, you don't post on the Aussie forums but you post hugely here ;\) That good is it?

I'm sure more people on that forum'd be interested in this site/forum if they knew about it.. \:\)

Yeah it is a bit odd that i dont post at ski.com.au. I just prefer the community here i think. Nothing wrong with ski.com.au though.

I was hooked on this forum from the first day i posted, haven't looked back since. Be careful, it'll happen to you!

Definately should try to hook up.

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:

I was hooked on this forum from the first day i posted, haven't looked back since. Be careful, it'll happen to you!
Yeah, what kind of fool posts over 1000 posts in 9 months...geeze! \:D

Fatty,

My quickest drive was 4.5 hours, longest 8 hours - in really bad traffic. Noramally takes between 5 and 6 hours. It's a pretty easy drive though.

I've got some mates who are living in Jindabyne (about 30 mins from the mtn) so i come head down whenever i can get a couple of days off work. I'm going to try and go down during the week instead of one weekend.

I'm hoping the season is going to start well so i can go heaps in June then i'm off to Thailand in July, back at the start of August. Then theres about another 2 months snow time, if the weather cooperates that is.

Kiwi friends tell me that it hardly snowed there last season, but that things are looking good already this year. This pic (which may be updated with something completely different) was taken last week at Cardrona, the home of a half-pipe named after John Holmes. Which leads to the inevitable "Dad, who is John Holmes?" lol.gif

mediumxMon-10.jpg

Ahhhhhhh, just looked at that picture of Cadrona and it made me homesick - not that Cadrona is the best skifield in Wanaka (Treble Cone rocks clap.gif ) but the snow... and of course, being pretty much the end of the Japanese season, maybe I should head home for a holiday...

WOW..... thats worse than the melt we had here from the last weeks snow/dusting.... cardrona was looking real promising....

woywoy.... were still on grass (on the ground that is!), whats going on

when's huwie gonna open up the heavens confused.gif

Lama mate... who knows. I just hope there is the amount of snow on the ground here in oz that there was last july. If you are heading down this year we should hook up for sure!