With all this jolly talk of schoolyard stabbings, war, and the apparent inability of the Japanese to "root for the team" ,as it were, and therefore reproduce themselves I have my own piece of good news. Just over 3 weeks ago I became the overjoyed father of a gorgeous little Japanese/Kiwi girly hybrid. Our new boss is healthy, happy and reasonably undemanding-Ms Davo and I couldn't be happier \:D .

Big-ups to all the other SnowJapan parents and those of you in the pre-launch phase of one of the most exciting adventures of your life.

Thanks guys. Her name is Moe, so, typically Japanese and perhaps a little difficult to pronounce properly for kiwis. I'm sure boys who want to go out with her will be sure to learn how, that is, if they pass my scrutiny first mad.gif

Congrats Davo.

Enjoy them while they can't move!

My little on is 1yr 1 month now and its just amazing how much they grow up everyday!

now all you need is a shotgun to deal with those boys that will start to hang around!

Her kanji (can't plug it in right now) literally means something along the lines of; fresh new vegetation (grass) shining in the spring sunshine. I'm getting enough sleep thanks and enjoying her lack of mobility for now. I'm sure she'll be running rings around boys and I won't be needing a shotgun lol.gif . Good luck Ray.

I was fully impressed by the professionalism and standard of care at the hospital. Far better than home by the sounds of it. They really looked after us well.