My parents have some old wooden tele skis mounted on there wall at their cabin. I wouldn't dare ski them.

My touring bindings back in Canada are from the mid 70's and they where pretty good. They probably released better than normal bindings of from their time.

If your that interested though. Check out ebay. Probably cost about 10-20,000 yen for an old pair of skis.

I have some 1 complete set dating back to the fifties, but the boots are too small. I also hava an older pair but I don't have boots for them.

Still I wouldn't try it myself even if the boots were my size.

A few years ago Shane McConkey and Axel Naglich made a short film for their sponsor Red Bull. They first showed very old footage and then Axel and Shane did the same action in traditional clothing skiing with 60 year old material. I remember that both Shane and Axel said that they found it very difficult to ski with the really really old gear. Remember that those skis don't have edges and there was no grooming either.

Quote:
My parents have some old wooden tele skis mounted on there wall at their cabin. I wouldn't dare ski them.
Toque - are those worth much then? Would love to see them.

Got a Burton Cruiser 167 from 1983 back home. Slight V-tail, one of the first boards with edges. Had a blast with it back then. Have not ridden it for ages though. Still have the boots ("Bataille") to go along with it, but have out-grown them quite a long time ago, ahhaahah.

I went Minakami not so long ago, and there was this old really run down ski shop with literally hundreds of old skis outside. Anyone could have taken them if they really wanted to. They looked like they had been there for years without being moved. Not antiques mind, just very 70's 80's looking things.