• SnowJapan Admin

Hi! We're nearly ready with the new Chat on SnowJapan, and before we officially launch it and start linking up and promoting it within the site etc, we're putting it online for just one day to give it a test run.

It can be found here:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/chat.html

You login to the chat using your Forum username and password.

A "help" page can be found here:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/chat-help.html

Please take a look, and post any comments you might have about it here. Some of the settings can easily be changed, and so we're interested to hear how it appear in different browsers etc.

We'll be taking this down sometime later today - a bit more work on it all required - but hope to have it online properly next week sometime.

Thanks! Hope you like it.

• SnowJapan Admin

We had someone mail us saying they could not login. It turns out they were using the incorrect username and password. You need to be using the username you registered originally for this forum and your password. If you have changed your displayed name on the forums since you originally registered, that modified handle name will not work as the username - you need your original name. Not saying that this is the case with everyone, but it is worth just checking to make sure....

(Also please note that usernames and passwords for the member pages on our site will NOT work - it is the FORUM login details that you need)

If you are unsure of your Forum username and password, send us a mail at editor@snowjapan.com and we'll check it out.

We just tried logging in to the application using your details Toque and boardbaka - we were able to login without any problems. If you are logging in with your correct details and still have problems, it is either a java problem or maybe a firewall issue on your current connection (something that we can't do anything about at this end)

For me it just never gets past the Login page.

Super Computer JONG question but how do I know if I have Java??????

Is the Login name the same as the User Name?

I logged out of the forums and then logged back in using my login name and it worked just fine. So I know I am using the correct password.

• SnowJapan Admin

If you are not using the correct username/password it will not get past the login page. We tried logging in using your (original - different from "Toque") username and password and got into the chat without a problem.

If you go to www.java.com you will be able to find out if you have java by clicking on "Free Download" near the top right - it will tell you if you already have it.

• SnowJapan Admin

Toque...if you are able to login to the forum using the username and password then your problem will most likely either be a java issue or maybe a firewall that is on your connection. Please try connecting from other PCs, maybe from home (if you're not at home now!) to see if you can get in that way.

Internet at home?????? I didn't know you could get the internet at home. Next thing they'll have the internet on computers ;\)

No I'm at work and have downloaded Java and it is working on my computer.

So went to log in and a gray screen came up with a cup of Java in the upper left corner which was quickly replaced with a very mean red X

• SnowJapan Admin

Then it is most likely firewall at work.

If you ever discover the "internet at home" thing, try it there and let us know. Or, you could ask someone in charge of the network at work to let you in to our chat in the firewall settings ;\)

If I had the internet at home I wouldn't have anything to do at work lol.gif

I'll probably just stay here in the Forums

Hey everybody in the chat. I'm still over here in the forum having a great time. Beer is a flowing. The ladies are getting frisky. Rumours are that Shimba, Slow, Veronica, Nori-chan, Manda, Rach and a few others are going to strip soon. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

And let the stripping begin clap.gif

Yah living in Inaka is tough.

I don't have anything to do but ski and climb mountains. That is tough ;\) :p

Chat probably isn't the best thing to do at work anyways. I do have a little bit of stuff to do everyday.

And that girl is cute clap.gif