Anyone see that chase in Los Angeles last night. Some dude stole an old Toyota and decided to ride around followed by copcars and helicopters for about 40 minutes. He drove into a deadend then got out and ran!! Idiot! When the cops got him they jumped him and one of them gave him a right good old beating - looked a bit ott from what I saw, but... Such fun,

How can a gang pack of police thugs justify beating anyone up. Surely police are not stupid enough to forget that black guy by the name of Mr King, and what happened when they beat him up........

Human nature is to not wanting to be locked up, regardless of the crime committeed, human nature says we do not want to be caught, and will do almost anything to avoid being captured. Herce, most people try to run from the police.

Not sure if it is Spain or Mexico (I think Mexico). However, if a prisioner tries to escape and is recaptured, he recieves no additional penalty for trying to escape. Even if he does escape and lives on the run for a while. The judicary system there recognises that by the prisioner trying to escape, he is just following his natural human instincts by not wanting to stay locked up in a cage. Likewise, if a prison guard sees a prisoner trying to escape, he is premitted to shoot him - at least there is a 'sporting chance' though.

When I see or hear of reports of police brutality on suspected criminals it makes me sick. These same 'officers of the law' are the poeple who are meant to be protecting the law, not breaking it. I would have thought police officers should be more professional then to act like a bunch of 11 yr old rugby players - however, time and time again, all around the world, it appears not.

Personally, I have an EXTREAMLY low level of respect for any person who enters the police force. In terms of respect, I place police officers only slighty above those criminals who are captured and proceed to sing like canaries in the hope of attaining leiniancy (???) for their crimes and turning in others.

Didn't see the car chase you are talking about, but I do love a good live car chase though.......

I have no problem with most police officers. I do have a problem with the ones that go on the power trip.

It always feels like I am doing this but In Canada if a prisoner escapes most times they will only get a few days added onto their sentence.

Also police chases are terminated if they enter rural areas or an area where innocent people might be hurt.

But then every country has the bad seeds. In the prairies a method of detox was for the RCMP to take natives out into the middle of nowhere in winter and leave them in a snowbank.

Quote:
I have an EXTREAMLY low level of respect for any person who enters the police force.
Thats certainly extreme!

I saw that chase, seems that the police in question have been re-assigned / being looked into.
 Quote:
Personally, I have an EXTREAMLY low level of respect for any person who enters the police force.
Not only extreme, but also pretty stoopid. (Sorry, but it is, isn't it.)

Why is it stupid to have a low level of respect for corrupt public officals ???? Why is it stupid to have a low level of respect for publicly emplyed thugs ?????

Sorry if you guys don't share my view (remember, we're all entitled to our own opinions). I can understand if you want to respect the 'law' - I think I can see why you would want that. However, I don't believe in the integrety of the Police. Sure, there are a few good cops about, but for me, these good ones are far overshadows by the degerate pigs that most of the others are......

Basiacally, I don't rely on a police force to protect me from anything. Honestly, what do you think a police force can protect you from ????? A speeding motorist ?????

If I have a problem and need the help of police, trust me, I have plenty of other resourses to call on for that kind of help......

"Personally, I have an EXTREAMLY low level of respect for any person who enters the police force."

Thats just a huge generalisation. That statement really did imply that you have low respect for ALL people entering the police force - good or bad. Placing all policemen in the same basket is extreme.

Thats right, sometimes people with opinions like that are simply not worth responding to.

I'm actually on the police force (in the UK) and believe me, while it would be very nice to have peoples respect for what we do, I certainly lose no sleep over people with opinions like this "stripper on coke" character. It's just not worth it.

Lets just hope that in any kind of emergency he remembers his opinions and refuses any police help......

Hay, sorry if it upsets you - I just don't like police officers ok.

You guys can go ahead and respect them all you like.......

Oh, what the hell - if it makes you feel better, I tell you what, I'll try and respect them some.........

nahhhhh, didn't work.......... ;\)

Italy's finest ??????

John Hooper in Genoa

Saturday June 26, 2004

The Guardian

A group of 29 Italian police officers, including the country's anti-terror chief, go on trial in Genoa today in connection with a brutal attack on protesters at the 2001 G8 summit and an alleged plot to justify the violence using fabricated evidence.

About 200 police, revenue guards, prison officers and paramilitary carabinieri stor-med the makeshift head-quarters of the umbrella protest group, the Genoa Social Forum, on the night of July 21 and began hitting people - many of them in sleeping bags - with batons, breaking ribs, skulls and limbs .

The raid followed three days of violent clashes in Genoa between police and demonstrators in which one protester was shot dead by a carabinieri conscript and hundreds of officers were injured.

Police at first claimed they had been attacked from the Genoa Social Forum's headquarters in the Diaz school, and produced two Molotov cocktails as evidence. But prosecutors say the fire bombs were planted there by, among others, the deputy police commissioner of Rome.

Enrica Bartesaghi, the mother of one of those injured in the raid and head of a committee representing the victims, told a press conference in Genoa yesterday that of the 96 people inside the Diaz school, 62 had to be taken to hospital - three in a coma.

Richard Moth, a London social worker, yesterday recalled "screaming with the pain" as nurses in the hospital to which he was taken held him down while a doctor stitched his wounds without anaesthetic.

He said he was then moved to a detention camp, where he and others were further maltreated for several days.

Another 47 members of the security forces face trial in connection with abuses at the camp. Mr Moth is one of five Britons suing the police defendants in the Diaz school trial.

At yesterday's press conference, Richard Parry, a solicitor for two of the plaintiffs, criticised the British government's attitude.

"The victims have had no support from the government," he said.

None of the officers who carried out the beatings is to stand trial. All were masked at the time and have not been identified.

Green party and leftwing MPs have tabled a bill in the Italian parliament designed to require police to wear numbers while engaged in public order operations.

The unit commanders in-volved in the Diaz raid face charges of failing to prevent the violence, and a number of more senior officers, including the head of the anti-terror police, Francesco Gratteri, are accused of defamation or of making false allegations in the alleged plot to incriminate the victims.

The preliminary hearing - in which all the defendants are expected to deny the charges - has brought many of the back to Genoa for the first time since 2001.

Aitor Balbas, 33, a geologist from Pamplona, was one of a group of 11 Spaniards set upon in the Diaz school. Eight decided against returning, and two were still suffering from psychological problems, he said.

Lena Zuhlke, 27, a tree surgeon from Hamburg, was left with a broken leg and head injuries, a broken finger, two broken ribs and a punctured lung. Although her medical treatment has now finished, she still has breathing problems.

Quote:
I have an EXTREAMLY low level of respect for any person who enters the police force.
Why exactly is that then? I'm curious where such an infantile view comes from.....