"He said in early modern England tears were a sign of weakness and a failure of masculinity and it was a class-based issue.

For well-bred Englishmen, the control of passions was the essence of masculinity and gentility.

But for lower classes, it was not unreasonable."

Whatever :rolleyes:

Japanese men seem to cry more than any other men... has anybody else ever noticed that? wakaranai.gif

I cry everynight but then to feel more like a man I go and pick fights with the little girl living beneath my apartment who screams all night.

She won last night but I know her moves now. I'll kick her ass this this time.

I almost cried last night. I was watching Star Trek Generations and at the end Data and Jordie LaForge are looking for life on the crashed Enterprise. They find Spot and Data starts crying. I have never fealt so alive and in tune with my femine side as I did at that moment. The love of an Android and a Cat. Can't get more real than that :rolleyes:

Do I have to answer this ;\)

I'm not a trekkie. I'm not a trekkie.

I dont like to think I`m hard or soft but when the old man rang up and said "your dog died last night" had to shed a few for the old man.Best pig hunting dog I ever had.He was 18 when he when.Pure breed black and tan foxy,f**kin cool dog, wouldnt take shit from anybody but was the biggest softy when it came to hugs and rubs.But now have a little girl dog,half husky,half sheeba,sooo cute,think Im gonna cry again.

You just touched on one of my most sensitive sides... dogs. I have more emotion for dogs in general than humans in general. Probably because of their ability to love humans unconditionally, while humans piss me off much of the time. Then to see a dead dog on the road that probably once belonged to a caring family... man, that gets to me. Also reading on CNN about bastards who (both true stories) kick a fieldgoal with a small dog, or stuff firecrackers into 6 puppies mouths (all dead) really sets off my emotions \:\( then mad.gif

Well now you guys are getting serious. Where are the uncomfortable jokes about men crying?

I hate people that hurt animals mad.gif mad.gif

Nothing gets me more upset that hearing about stuff like that.

Death is a difficult thing. Everybody needs to cry for that.

I think this topic is more about do you cry when you watch a sappy movie, break a nail, feel lonely at night, get shot down at the bar, twist your ankle, get stressed out from work....

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:

watch a sappy movie, break a nail, feel lonely at night, get shot down at the bar, twist your ankle, get stressed out from work....
That would be: drink, swear, drink, 'what's that', swear, sandbag sesh...

(is that more what yer lookin' for lol.gif pretty much waht one should expect from any non-soy milk drinkin ball swingin homo sapien, no?)

My favorite of the Start Trek series is TNG but I am not a trekkie. I have the Trekkie movie sitting at my apartment and it's freaky watching it. People have made the show into a religion. Some of them wear there uniforms to work and have given themselves titles of Captain of some stupid ship. Taking it a bit to far. But to each there own I guess. Gives us something to chuckle about lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

I would like to watch more ST but alas I do not have cable. The only series I have watched are Original and TNG.

I never watched TNG when it was on either. I didn't get cable till I was living on my own at 19. And only got into TNG with the re-runs. It was on everyday at 5:00pm back home so I was able to watch many episodes while "Studying".

I'm not a trekkie either. Honest.

(But anyone who can watch TNG "The Inner Light" episode and not shed a tear is a Data without an emotion chip) \:D