I was speaking to some friends over summer who are really not into computers at all, but have to do basic stuff for work - basically forced on them. And they were moaning about the pace of work being speeded up, more pressure, more stress, etc because of email and the internet. They wish it had never happened. While I don't feel that way - even though I wish I could escape from email sometimes just for a while - I can see their point.

Anyone else feel that way I wonder. (Perhaps not among people using an online forum, but hey topic starter)

This is a good topic. I don't have a computer at home and I love that. I get more than enough time to surf and answer emails at work. Before coming to Japan I never had a keitei and hated them. Now I have one and tolerate it because it does make my life easier.

I get by fine without having the internet. During vacations when there is no computers anywhere is alright. But when I come back to civilization I don't have a need to check my email right away. It can wait.

I lost my keitei for a few days once and it was a liberating feeling. I quite enjoyed it.

Im easily hooked onto things. I really didnt care for the net untill I came to Japan. Great friends outdoor stuff, TV was enough, maybe some games. But once I got here it let talk to my friends and see the news in real time. I can live without it but it has become part of me a bit.

I was living an almost no-internet over summer - the only internet I had was frustratingly slow. I felt a bit out of touch with everything, but kind of got used to it and actually enjoyed the feeling of not being tied to a machine.