Wanted - a good dictionary

Casio dictionaries are called the Ex-Word and there are 20 different models or so. Something worth looking at might be the XD-H9100 or XD-H4100. Any of the big stores like Yodobashi, Deo Deo, Best Denki, etc all have loads of elec. dicts. If you spend 25,000 you will be in good shape. And, if you can, get the extended warranty too. My Casio has been in my bag for 4 years and has been thrashed but it keeps getting fixed for free!! \:\)

Sakebomb,

Nice name mate... There are some really good Sakes up in Hokkaido you should check out if you havent.

Took a look at that dictionary and its not something that I would use. I need more functions than just the J-E E-J that seems to offer. And, for the price, you might as well get more for your money with a Casio or something like that. The only drawback for some is that theyre made for Japanese people...

Go to an electronic store and play around with them - youll soon find out what you like.

• 1 month later...

I was in denden town in Osaka yesterday, there was a shop, wasnt flashly and brightly lit or a chain store, but a small old school electrical supplies shop. It was on the main drag at the northern end opposite the massive old builiding with the ornamental limestone facade (non electrical building)

They had display of dictionaries on the sidewalk. they had a a huge range of old models, all going a dirt cheap prices.

I got a Casio XD 8100 for 10000yen, the original RRP when it came out was 37000. (I dont know about the user friendliness of it for gaijins - I didnt buy it for myself)

They had many other Casio and Sharp models there aswell.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/try3/514084/757238/

nice one! I just checked Rakuten and they are hocking it off for 8000yen! wow and I thought I was getting a steal in denden town!

So there are cheap dictionaries, out there just not the latest ones.

• 2 months later...