They have a concert in October, anybody going to see it? Anybody like them to begin with? I think what got me hooked to their music was the fact that they have 3 drummers pounding left, right and middle stage.

How are concerts in Japan? Does the crowd go wild or not, really polite?

All I've seen is some jpop concerts where it seems everyone is armed when they go in with the same fan and posters to move all in time together. lol.gif

I'm SURE it's different at a decent artists concert, but how are the crowds?

I heard the Beastie Boys concert was lame. I guess they walked off stage early cause the Japanese people didn't know how to react.

Would be interesting to see a concert like Slipknot though. Do they have a following in Japan?

Not sure if they have a big following here, but I have flipped through channels and seen Japanese rock bands trying to sound heavy, but it just doesnt seem to work, I just cant take them seriously hahahaha!!! lol.gif

concert dates oct 30, 31, nov 1, 2, 4... something like that, here:

http://www.creativeman.co.jp/040106pages/SK.html

I would go if it wasnt so close to my wife's due date... but I am much more looking forward to the arrival of my daughter than anything else right now.

saw SLIPKNOT a cuppla years ago here @ Summa Sonic. they were... INTERESTING

lyrics almost impossible to decipher. confused.gif but an awesome bass and heavy drum sound.

i didn`t know much about `em so wasn`t overly keen.(not reeeaally my thang) i sat in tha stand, but tha ground looked like tha place to be- lots of moshing goin on.

sakitumi, go see `em! there are worse things ya could spend ya hard earned on \:D

btw, i saw `Fat Boy Slim` last week and that was somthin`. enyone else catch him??? (sorry, not related, but...uno)

They are basically just a big loud shoutng noise to enjoy when you're drunk. Thats my impression anyway.

At least I said when you're drunk. Otherwise I might be accussed of being old. Oh dear.

Got a hangover.

The lead vocalist is actually very good, he can ACTUALLY sing... but ya, he prefers to scream, he's also noted for his fast talk leading into a scream type/dealy, something like this:

bladabladadablablada bla da BLA DA BLA!!!!

thats the best way i can put it into words HAHAHAHA... words

Go drunk, but on something that won't need you going for a piss every 10 minutes. Lines are long (for both the beer and the bogs) and prices are high as you might imagine.