Anyone remember when Viz first started out. From what I saw last summer over in the UK, its not nearly as good as it used to be (or is that just me not being a student anymore!), but who can forget Roger Mellie, the Fat Slags, Top Tips etc. They were a lark.

http://www.viz.co.uk/

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13241870,00.html

Star Letter Ronseal 5 Year Woodstain does exactly what it says on the tin, does it? Funny that. I've looked all over the label and nowhere does it say 'Makes your front door look like an African elephant has wiped its arse on it.'

Steve Edwards, Welshpool

In his song 'Sexuality', Billy Bragg claims that '...Your laws do not apply to me'. I think that if Mr.Bragg were to be caught nuts-deep in a 9-year-old then he would find out just how much these laws do indeed 'apply to him'.

Detective Sgt. Gary Parslow

On the BBC website, I read with interest that some scientists in Australia have discovered the smallest fish known to exist. They've obviously never been to the Britannia Chippy on the Gloucester Road.

Alan J. Thackray, London

Last week I attended an AA meeting, and to my horror, each person present stood up and openly admitted to being an alcoholic. I'm not having these boastful drunkards repairing my car. I can only hope the RAC have more responsible employees.

Hugie Dixon, West Drayton

The saying goes, 'See a penny, pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck.' Well I beg to differ. I'm a matador, and whilst picking a penny up at work the other day I was badly gored in the anus. That's not good luck in my book.

Milos el Standish, Barcelona

WHILE cleaning out the back of my fridge the other day, I found a half-full carton of 'fresh full-cream milk', but when I drank it I threw up and spent the rest of the week in bed. Fresh, my arse.

D Rimjob

HOW come rap artist Dr. Dre can use the 'N' word on his multi-million selling albums and win a MOBO award, yet when I used it at my son's football match I was asked to leave the park? Once again, it's one law for the rich and another for the poor.

Reg Ashcroft, Bradford

They say "you can't judge a book by its cover". What nonsense. The last edition of High School Anal that I bought featured a young lady stuffing a big one up her bomb-bay on the front page, and this turned out to be an excellent indication of the contents.

Mark Roberts

ONE day I phoned my son in Australia to have a chat. However, I must have dialled the wrong number, as it was answered by a young lady. I apologised, and we had a little chat. The following day, I phoned the same wrong number and got the young lady again. How we laughed at my silly mistake. That was twenty years ago. Although we have never met, we have become firm friends and I call her every single day. She always loves to hear my news.

Edna Brakespear, Burnley

Returning to the office after a business meeting the other day, my colleague said "I have an important doctor's appointment this afternoon, you'll have to drive like the wind." I had to laugh, since the wind speed that day was 5mph, and it was blowing in a south easterly direction, the opposite way to the office. Needless to say my colleague missed his doctor's appointment.

Ian Krender, Ascot

No echi, not like manga. Actually, I have never read manga so I wouldn't know. Most people stop reading Viz by their 30's whilst manga is read until retirement.

I remember Buster Gonads And His Unfeasibly Large Testicles.

We used to read it at university and regularly piss ourselves with laughter.

Quote:
Originally posted by green:
"Buster Gonads And His Unfeasibly Large Testicles"

lol.gif

Sounds like fun! What did he do with them?
lol.gif He used to walk them around in a wheelbarrow. He had big nuts, did Buster.

This is what the dictionary says for Buster

"A character from the adult comic "Viz" most well known for his large swollen testicles, which he must carry around with him.

Usually by the end of each strip, his testicles usually end up in some form of pain."

Local kids would use Buster's nads as a trampoline.

Viz creator Chris Donald has just written the story of the comic. It's called "Rude Kids". They started on the Enterprise Allowance Scheme, a business startup program for people on the dole.

I remember when you could only buy it in half a dozen pubs in Newcastle. Mainly the Trent House (still going) and the old Barley Mow. Some of the backdrops in Sid the Sexist are actually pubs in Newcastle.