When I was at school, I started to learn to play the piano but soon gave up. I really regret that now. Also wish I had pursued the computer courses I went on, I didn&t see the point.

Oh hindsight.

I suppose we all regret giving up certain things.

Ciggies, gave them up cold turkey exactly 1 year ago today. 30 a day to nothing. It was extremely worthwhile and I don't miss them at all, except for when I get an anxious desire to look cool.

I strongly recommend the effort it takes to quit to anyone who’s life is dominated by the habit.

I have recently also given up meeting women. Mind you I am not happy about it. I am simply left with no choice what with the fact that I have not seen a lady of modest proportions for some time now. When did having an ox's torso become fashionable for women folk of the day? I swear the average chick here could pull a plough.

Since marriage and baby, I have given up going to underground rubber/leather fetish parties in Tokyo, and I really miss having private encounters at home or in hotel rooms with some of the truly twisted, kinky women who regularly attend them.

\:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
Indosm, by about 5-10kg. It's alsways off by the first day of snowboarding though. Easy.
But thats surely not just done by giving up drinking! Not any hard work involving andy exercise?

I have just given up drinking... yeah, well i have a good excuse ( 3 fights coming up ) but good news is I will be back on it by mid December clap.gif

I work out 5 days a week in a gym (year round) but November through April I don't drink and withought fail, I lose from 5-10kg and come spring when I start drinking again I gain from 5-10kg.

This is how it has been in my J-life. In Hawaii I surf year round, I don't quit drinking and don't have to mess around with the extra 5-10kg. that I do here.

And did you take a test, 21C?

I started learning the sax at school, went for the lessons and was even in the crappy woodwind band. And it really was crappy. I gave that up as soon as I could (ie mum let me).

I kinda wish I hadn't now, it would have been kinda cool to be able to play the sax well.

No, it's not a good place to be a surfer at all, but it is a good place to be a snowboarder but that only really lasts a good 4 months of the year unless you are really keen. luckily there are things like drinking & school girls to keep a fella amused :p