That was pretty full-on, saw one player punch a fan clear off his feet. It's the type of violence which occassionally occurs in rugby or league. Sometimes a punch-up between the teams expands into the crowd. Usually at the lower levels of the game and it's pretty rare.

I thought it was incredibly unprofessional of the players to be fighting with the crowd. If a professional rugby player did that I expect he'd be kicked out of the game for good. Of course they get away with punching each other (at times it's part of the game) but fighting with the crowd is a no-no.

I'm not interested in basketball at all but I think these so-called professionals, who must earn huge coin, should be banned from the game.

On a purely gratuitous level it was one of the best punch-ups I've seen for a while \:D All the more reason for them to be banned \:\(

I'll bet anyone a million dollars the fan that got jacked on tv has already retained a lawyer and will soon settle out of court for 6 figures. That brawl was most likely his lucky day.

This one's even better - it shows the drink the guy in the crowd threw hit one player square in the face. I agree they all get way too much money - money which could be much better distrubuted to more needy people. But for fans of the opposing team to throw stuff at you is pretty bad. And if you notice (while watching this) the guy who first went into the crowd doesn't actually hit the fan, he just grabs him, then another fan shortly after starts hitting him in the back of the head. Check it out:

http://poststuff3.entensity.net/112204/media.php?media=nbafight.wmv

(just follow the link on this one - right-click saving doesn't work)

Considering they didn't really start it, I reckon the 70+ game ban is a bit steep. But as most of you have mentioned - it's not like it will hurt their pockets much.