LOTR - Return of the King - Price variation

So the Special Extended Edition of the Return of the King is being released on the 10th.

I checked out Amazon and was amazed at the price variation between Japan, UK and US Amazons.

Amazon USA: US$39.99 - 40% = $23.99 = 2500yen

Amazon Japan: 10920yen - 20% = 8232yen

Amazon UK: 35.99pound - 36% = 22.99pound = 4643yen

Looks like I will be buying from Amazon US! incredible the price difference!

DVDs are INSANELY expensive here, its ludicrous, you can pick up a DVD player here for half the price of a special DVD set!

Quote:
Originally posted by klingon:
Star Trek series sets in Japan are a whopping 300% more than the US price for (almost) exactly the same thing. I think the box they come in is different!
Yeah, its that special Japanese paper they use :rolleyes:

FKNA, anything like that is more expensive in Japan - Japanese will pay any price. I love how used clothes shops that carry blue jeans still cost about a man, if not 2. WTF? :rolleyes:

Was that the 4 disc edition? I doubt it, but may of course be wrong. In the UK that 4 disc edition (which is what we're talking about) is talking about is

List Price: £35.99

Amazon Price: £22.99

No, mine has 2 disks. One of them contains the actual movie, which is what it is all about. The other one contains actors talking about their characters like we all believe they are real people. Plus directors and other movie type people getting all lyrical about their art. Hollywood types are good in films but hearing them talk about each other, themselves and their characters irks me. Tossers. ;\)

I am one of those people who does not care for Hollywood past that which is on the screen (and most of that is bile). The people who you see on the screen may as well not exist in real life. They are just 'some other person' to me, the lives and minds of which I do not have nearly enough time to care about.

I'm not interested in lots of the extras on most DVDs - they're usually talking heads ego trips (oh he's a wonderful guy, etc...) :p

But those LOTR sets are very very well made and very interesting. If you're interested in film-making they are amazing.

Great, 4 hours of film.....

I had to pee so bad and couldn't wait for the damn movie to get over with.

At least it will be at home. I'm in no rush to buy it. It was good, but jesus, it wasn't THAT good.

The other (main?) thing about those 4 dvd sets is not just that there are tons of documentaries and the like, but the actual films are longer and more complete. Each one has 40-50 minutes added and is how Jackson wanted them to be (but couldnt due to theater/commercial restrictions).