What of that little peice did you not get SKI?

The idea of a air in a certain place and landing on a chairlift if done correctly and by professionals could be quite commical. Of course dangerous at that, but definitely commical if excuted properly.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SKI here is the one thing I dis like about you.

I said nothing bad about you period and then you got to take a jab at me.

My comment about the Capt. was more in line with the fact he doesnt go around attacking others on here like other people.

I knew you would be all over this post like crazy. You stick to your in the ropes policy while I will stick to my sensible ski OB with education policy. By far SKI and dont even challenge me on this I know more about the risks out there than you do. So post away SKI have your fun again this year and know this. When you are dreaming of that line over there.... PS i didnt dream I skied it.

Quote:
SKI here is the one thing I dis like about you.
As if I care in the slightest. Am I supposed to repent or something? lol.gif I'll refrain from posting what I dislike about you.

Quote:
My comment about the Capt. was more in line with the fact he doesnt go around attacking others on here like other people.
Where is my attack? lol.gif lol.gif I may not like you, but you do amuse me with your posts, opinions and dreams about yourself lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by mogski:

The idea of a air in a certain place and landing on a chairlift if done correctly and by professionals could be quite commical. Of course dangerous at that, but definitely commical if excuted properly.
Quite right Mogs... now if I could sign you up for an attempt for the camera, don't worry if you don't quite make it, as long as you go big and make some kind of contact with the chair, it'll be a money shot...
\:D

SKI why do you post here? do you do it

to take all the fun out of everything

we do? You have done nothing for the snow

side of this forum and then when this

topic come up again you are like the first to

post. Do you like to fight? is that what

gets you off.

Ive gone out of my way this year to help

people score deals on gear and to kayak.

I am not high and rightous and never have

been.

What have you done for a member besides cut

them down?

Just to answer some of your questions.

Quote:
SKI why do you post here?
I post here because I want to.

Quote:
do you do it to take all the fun out of everything we do?
Er, no. I love to have fun on the mountains. I just feel fairly strongly on the topic of irresponsible people doing what they want when they want just because they want. With no regard to anyone anything else.

Quote:
You have done nothing for the snow side of this forum and then when this topic come up again you are like the first to post.
I didn't know we had to "do something for the snow side of this forum". (Whatever that means!) Are we not allowed to post our feelings? I think you might know mine on this topic.

Quote:
Do you like to fight? is that what gets you off.
Nope. Do you?

Quote:
Ive gone out of my way this year to help

people score deals on gear and to kayak.

What a star! Well done. But....so what? Is that in the least bit relevant.

Quote:
I am not high and rightous and never have

been.

I think you absolutely are.

Quote:
What have you done for a member besides cut them down?
I was not aware that all members here "had to do something for another member" in order to justify being here.

I bet you give to charities as well - and then tell as many people you can about it, tis the impression I get.

So "your" high and righteous now then? Your posts can be confusing (and hard to read as well). I'll try to keep up with you though.

You failed to point out where my nasty "attack" was.

Like I said, though, you do amuse me.

So now your my teacher too.

getting a slap on the wrist for

not proofing my posts.

Sorry master Ill try harder

to not make mistakes. Im only a

high and rightous Canadian being

set right by my "non rule breaking

master". Me master has never broken

one tiny rule in his life.

Wham, that sounds like an ATTACK to me.

Oh but I forgot, you are entitled to attack (because you have "done so much for members of the forum" or some similar bullshit like that) but others cannot give you any back, right?

Quote:
So now your my teacher too.
Er, no. wakaranai.gif

Quote:
getting a slap on the wrist for not proofing my posts.
Er, no. wakaranai.gif

Quote:
Sorry master Ill try harder to not make mistakes. Im only a high and rightous Canadian being set right by my "non rule breaking

master". Me master has never broken one tiny rule in his life.

WTF?

Master? confused.gif Er, no thanks. I'll give that a miss, apart from the fact I'm not a teacher and you seem to need far more help than I could possibly give you. You'll have to scurry along somewhere else for whatever help you need. wakaranai.gif

I said you amused me, but that one wasn't really amusing - more like pathetic.

Ok so matbe i'm missing something. But when is skiing under a lift a bad thing. In most places in the world trails run right next to lifts. I've never had the chance to ski here yet. But is something diffrent about lifts over here.

Oh, right. And you're not, right.

But as for the "predictable" accusation....Stinger!

And you were the one accusing others of "calling names". I thought you were under the impression that you were above all that??

Can we calm down here, please.

....before we start to have to think of (surely no) closing threads and banning members from the forums for any period of time we choose (maybe even forever if we're in a really bad mood) ;\) No more warnings, we'll just do it if required.

We really don't want to do that.

I always thought the resorts made those rules to cover their six. So they couldn't be held liable when a skier/boarder makes a bad judgement call (i.e. overestimate their own talent or underestimate the terrain).

I wonder, if we lived in a world where it was impossible for a skier/boarder to hold a resort liable for something they did to themselves, would the resorts find it necessary to have those rules?

quattro, take the top of Hakuba 47 as an example. Part of the course goes right under the lift - there's plenty of clearance, and you're meant to ride there. If instead of riding the course, you follow the lift line, you'll be able to wallow in some accessible powder. However, where you rejoin the course, you risk getting clocked on the box by the boards of people on the lifts, unless you duck. If the patrol see you, they will go ape-shit and assault you (not without some slight justification - some people might be too stupid to duck ;\) ).

But there are other parts of Hakuba/Goryu where you can ride under the gondola on some steep, deep powder where the risks are minimal (other than smacking into concrete blocks).

At Nozawa, due to heavy 'demand' from naughty riders (boarders mostly), they've opened the area under one of the top lifts because it's an area with some very pleasant powder, and unless you air with truly suicidal intent, you're unlikely to hit a chair. I guess in SKI's view, these riders would have changed overnight from being wicked people to upright citizens - as happens I suppose in a black and white world.

Guess I've skied in Europe one to many years. For the most part skiing is viewed as ski at your own risk. Very rarely are sections closed off and off piste is the norm at most places. So my thought not being able to ski under lifts is a little skewed I guess. Please bare with my ignorance about skiing here.

Some resorts have official runs that go under lift lines - they're made that way. Of course it depends on the resort whether there are runs like this or not.

The issue here is of riders going into areas where they are 'not supposed to go' - ie. off of the official courses. There are reasons why these areas are "off limits", but some people (in their apparently "color world") seem to think that they can decide themselves whether to go there or not, regardless of any rules saying otherwise.

A resort might decide to open an area that was previously closed for whatever reason. If that resort opens up that area, then fine. If that happens there will be actual reasons for that change in policy.