Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:
gargling?
yeah - gansou, ugai - though I don't know if this is the same meaning as in English ... like using mouthwash. \:\)

woywoy is the only one here making any sense - totally right - its all about keeping it simple and having loads of oregano.

I actually have one in the oven right now, i made the base myself and every damn thing.

toppings:

olive oil

tomato sauce

2 cheeses (mozarella + cheddar)

shitloads of chopped mushrooms

shitloads of oregano

2 rashers of bacon, sliced

S+P

PERFECTAMUNDO. homemade pizza is better than pizza hut or whatever by a mile whe you know what u r doing.

Pizza base took me a while to get right but once you know how 'wet' to make the dough, its dead easy.

Having a proper pizza baking tray adds the finishing touch.

Recipe:

4 rice cups of white flour

4 grams of dried fast action yeast

200ml water

mix it all up in a bowl, knead for a few mins. when the dough is ready, it should be elastic and a little 'wet', rather than dry and difficult to fold into itself. spinkle with flour and leave it in the warm for 30 mins. then roll it out to a circle, add tomato, cheese, topping in that order, then put in oven for 18 mins on 180 degrees C.

Which cheese? I choose a smelly one and a mild one. I don't even know their names, I'm so used to picking them up. Those, a mild chilli sauce, sausages and salami. Excellent.

• 8 months later...

An auzzie guest told me pizza in Australia have a lot on top of it - not only cheese but also a lot vegitables, shrimps, fruits e.g. pineapple, kiwi, apricot etc etc.

Tried pineapple, mango , rosemary and peppermint together with onion, garlic, green pepper, bacon and tomato.

I think I should not put rosemary and peppermint together......

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by misorano:
Good old Fungi Pizza is my fav.
Cheese / Tomato / Mushrooms and fresh pepper.

Mind you, that Tandoori Chicken Pizza the other day at Gravity Works was pretty good too (eh Gams)
That place is the bomb!! I think Fattwins and I ate there 2/3rds of the time we were in Hakuba. Id call up and shed say, Yama, coming back again?? lol.gif

Of course, I burnt my mouth there so badly once that the entire roof of my mouth melted off and my tongue blistered...at least it felt like that eek.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by misorano:
Mind you, that Tandoori Chicken Pizza the other day at Gravity Works was pretty good too (eh Gams)
These days it seems that pizza with thin base gets popular I personally prefer thick base one for a pizza.
Have some pizza party next time Misos

There is a very very oishi~ Pizzeria in Yoyogi. It's roman pizza, very thin and crispy. My favorite is mascarpone cheese and tomato sauce. Mascarpoe is much more creamy than mozzarella.