Me Jane, my friend did exactly the same thing....well not actualy friend more of that weird kid in class who always does weird sh*t! Don`t suppose it was the same kid! ALso tried to stab himselfa nd someone about a year later, but thats a story for another time!!

95% is legal to buy in Greece but it cost a fortune to buy. I ve tried it myself once and thought it taste like Vodca, with the main difference that it is 10 times stronger. We had some Polish friends once visiting for Christmas and I was surprised to see them mixing it with some water and having shots! It is so strong that it can punch a hole through your stomach in no time.

Usually the shell this thing at drugstores for cleaning open wounds.

a "good" grappa is anywhere from 80 to 99%...and dont believe that stuff you can buy in most shops. My friend married an Italian woman and his father in law makes the stuff at home. Highly potent as you can imagine.

Absinthe at 70 or 80%???? Where???

Quote:
Originally posted by Honest John:
What do they call that 95% in Greece then tsondaboy? Got a name? (and do people drink it? )
It is sold only in drug stores and “normal” people use it only for cleaning wounds and staff. There is no special name for that, we just use its pharmaceutical name (in Greek). It is called “inopnev-ma” which comes from the ancient greek inos = wine and pnev-ma = spirit. In English it should be something like “ethanol” or “surgical spirit”.

i've tasted 95% alcohol from the chem dept. not on purpose, some crazy dude on a ski trip had it in his flask.

my tongue went instantly numb and i thought he'd just poisoned me (technically he did). I had a few smaller sips after that but not really something i'd bother with again.

i'll stick with overproof rum (75% alcohol)