Well what can I say. Our very own sunrise is an absolutely beautiful singer. Im thoroughly impressed by her singing and frown at all the people living in ,or near, Tokyo that couldnt/wouldnt come. Shame on you all :p It was a good chance for me to meet a few other SJ residents and Im glad to say it was worth the 1 and a half hour trip. \:\) So if you havent already heard her please do!!

Lets see if we can make a regular type meeting of Tokyo SJ people!!! \:D

Maoriboy sent me the pics and gave me runing commentary of what I was missing! Gutted, sounded like a great night. Unfortunatey rugby finished later than expected so couldn`t get down, my loss by the sounds of it. Hope to make it next time.

gosh, yer making me blush... \:o thanks for the nice writeup. (Are you interested in a PR job by the way?)

It was great meeting you guys. So nice putting faces to names.

The only question that remains is whether the mysterious farquah actually exists.....

Anyway, looking forward to the next SJ nite - clubhouse midweek, I assume?

I had a good time, too!

sunrise, thanks for singing My Funny Valentine for me. It reminded me of the beautiful snowfalling night at Sahoro. ;\)

Thanks for organizing this meeting, Sven! I'm really looking forward to next meeting.

I hope to see you guys on the slope soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:

The only question that remains is whether the mysterious farquah actually exists.....

Anyway, looking forward to the next SJ nite - clubhouse midweek, I assume?
:p Not so mysterious Farquah is uaually spotted in dimly lit bars close to abeverage of some sort!! Some say mysterious others aloof!! lol.gif

Definately keen for a bit of clubhouse action some time, and if we round up enough yennage from the bars occupants can you be persuaded to do a brief rendition of what we missed out on on Sunday?! \:D

Probably not, I doubt they'd have a decent sound system. Much easier to come to where theres a real piano with PA etc.

slow plays a mean game of table tennis after a few drinks. ;\) Actually, I think she looks very sophisticated with a glass of red wine in her hand, eh, slow?

That show sounds great..I hope to get along to the next gig..On Sunrises issue..how about some pronunciation confirmation...In my head I use Torque as in what a WRX impreza has or like the movie "Look who's talking" ...Is it Toke as in smoke or Too kee as in OK or Torquay lke the beach in Australia somewhere?...Should we create a poll?...

Firstly, an A+ goes out to sunrise for the wonderful performance last night, it was great to see ya again, and even better to hear the voice come out to play.

Also, great to meet some new SJ faces! Hope to catch people again both on and off the slopes... there might even be a PM or two about some upcoming skiing ;\)

And for those I promised a job interview update to

... I had my first proper taste of bureaucracy in Japan earlier today. It was a 1 and a bit hour bus ride each way with a 10 minute interview in between... the resolution was "we can't say whether you've got the job yet (we will decide at a board meeting this week), but we would like you to start 2 weeks earlier than previously mentioned".

confused.gif mad.gif cool.gif wakaranai.gif

Bah... anyway, all signs point to a cool job sometime soon, and obviously I asked for some of that 2 weeks of snow-time back \:\)

Torque (Tor-k) is the measure of a force's tendency to produce torsion and rotation about an axis, usually measured in Newton Meters (Nm). And yes boardbaka, a WRX has this (as does any car with an engine).

Toque on the other hand (according to dictionary.com), is a woman's small, brimless hat; or a 16th C. plumed velvet cap. I was told by a Canadian it's pronounced 'took' (as in, rhyming with 'duke' or 'puke', not rhyming with 'look'). And the same Canadian said it was essentially a tall beanie/knitted cap (i.e. doesn't fit close to top of head), possibly with additional fluffy ball at the end.

But there's really only one person on this board who should be sorting this out....