Sending "video letters" home

I keep on using the vid and putting clips together on tapes to send back home for the family to see. I usually get between 30-60 minutes every year thats of interest and they really like that.

Finding the longer I'm here though makes it more difficult to find interesting stuff. Or maybe its just me not being as interested!

Does anyone else doing this?

I make a video every couple of months to send home. Sometimes I have the same problem, I think I am used to seeing most things so they loose a certain interest factor. Like being back home.

I usually try to catch things that you wouldn't see back home whether I find it interesting or not. Plus I have a 18 month old daughter so there is plenty of action to film there.

I usually do every 6 months or so, but haven't taken much since the earthquake and not sure if I want to frighten the family too much without me there to explain it all! Great idea to do one though.

Did you get the photo-book of the jishin, sanjo? I think the Niigata Nippo newspaper company published it. That made a good thing to show people back home. Some pretty amazing pictures in that.

I've been doing that since I came here. Some mad vids from when I first arrived - and hours and hours of it too. I actually watched them with the family when I was last back and had a good laugh. It's definitely worth having things on tape to look back at, even though it might be hassle to make them in the first place.