• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh, cool, now I know how to do it.. played with the damn thing yesterday for like an hour our so. My only two chilled days are Thurs & Fri now, Mon-Wed suxs.

That helmet is HUGE! eek.gif lol.gif

Tried looking for other pics from my schools ski trip but I looked worse in the other ones \:\(

Here's a "new" article on it

1 in 3 Japanese married couples are sexless

Almost one-third of Japan's married couples are sexless, with about 20 percent of unions bereft of physical intimacy for one year or more, an alarming poll conducted by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare and the Japan Family Planning Association showed.

Some 28 percent of married men and 34 percent of married women said they had not had sex with their spouse for at least one month, the period determined to be the defining point of sexlessness.

At 44 percent, nearly half the sexless respondents said they felt dealing with the opposite sex was a bother, well above the 31 percent of sexually active people who believed the same.

Sexless people were also less likely to discuss birth control with partners, which came up in discussions among 31 percent of the sexless in comparison with the 46 percent of sexually active people who talked about contraception.

"It seems those who do not actively pursue communication with the opposite sex, including discussion about contraception, have a greater inclination to become sexless," Kunio Kitamura, managing director of the Japan Family Planning Association, said.

The association and the ministry carried out the survey among 3,000 men and women aged from 16 to 49 and living at various parts of the country. The valid response rate to the survey was 52.7 percent. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, April 26, 2005)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, why would I want so sleep with my wife when I can sleep with an 19 year old at a pink house, have a GF on the side, or be with my gay lover?

Some peeps I just dont get wakaranai.gif

Yup, all you guys in the UK, you should come on out, there are a lot of, ahmm, unsatisfied women in this country.

> Yeah, why would I want to sleep with my wife when I can sleep with an 19 year old at a pink house, have a GF on the side, or be with my gay lover?

Well, maybe that's because the wife won't do it unless you've scheduled it three days in advance, you've both had a shower beforehand, and the little ones don't suddenly turn over in their sleep. If the GF on the side doesn't raise such objections, is a good deal younger, and is available pretty much on call, then you might begin to get it.

I realized when I posted that that most people would jump to your conclusion, but whatever. I was simply answering your point with the most common justifications that I hear.

Nurses are not top of my list of preferences, so I'll pass on that thanks.

I know the bloke who wrote the Guardian article. Most of his stuff is really good, but it looks like he's dashed that one off. It's pretty obvious what you're going to get if you write an article about the Japanese family and only talk to Japanese women. In general, gaijin seem to be a willing audience for all their petty whinges and complaints. Gaijin somehow assume Japanese women are always the injured party.

"At 44 percent, nearly half the sexless respondents said they felt dealing with the opposite sex was a bother"

That sounds like the main reason to me. On the male side, if you knock the spontaneity out of sex as Ocean describes and consider how many hours most Japanese men work, its hardly surprising that men can't be bothered with the little routine they have to go through to enjoy their conjugal rights.

• 4 months later...

Busy with work.

I know this guy that often gets back from wor - and his enkais of the drinking kind - at 2am weekdays. He has these things quite often. Then he gets up before 7am for his 80 minute commute to work.

I'm sure his salary is very impressive and multiple times mine, but from what I can see he has a very miserable lifestyle.