• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to have one of those marriages \:D

My boss's wife regularly tells me how her husband sleeps in the children's room and she sleeps on the sofa...so I guess there's no-one in the bed?

wakaranai.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
My boss's wife regularly tells me how her husband sleeps in the children's room and she sleeps on the sofa. wakaranai.gif
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the above statement to be particularly disturbing...
 Quote:
Originally posted by miteyak:
 Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
My boss's wife regularly tells me how her husband sleeps in the children's room and she sleeps on the sofa. wakaranai.gif
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the above statement to be particularly disturbing...
Yes, thats pretty Michael Jacksonish isnt it...? Many Japanese couples sleep in seperate beds/futons, my mates ex's parents even slept in different houses... :rolleyes:

Most of the men in my neighbourhood are actually living in different cities doing the 'tanshinfunin' thing. So even if they were inclined to have sex with their wives, the opportunities are limited to weekends, if that. And of course the opportunities for extra-marital sex are quite obvious, for both parties. In fact, I should probably start a small neighbourhood stud-pimping business disguised as language teaching, now I come to think of it.

As for sleeping in the children's room, it's not necessarily sinister. Probably quite a lot of people sublimate their requirements for sexual satisfaction by turning to their kids for emotional satisfaction.

sava, use your imagination. (And if you can't, they sleep in different rooms so Dad can have a shake off before he goes to sleep.)

Quote:
Originally posted by sava:
Why do they sleep in different rooms?

That seems very very strange
so they can get a decent sleep perhaps, particularly if one of the couple snores, or one of them likes to sleep in fridge like room in summer, the other prefers a sauna. One likes the curtains open, the other closed etec etc.

When you think about it, other than for a cuddle and shag sharing a bed with someone isnt the logical option conducive to good sleep.
I just read an article about this GQ magazine, very interesting reading indeed.
  • 1 month later...

Another sexless marriage article here to be getting on with.

More than half the respondents (51.0 percent), told Aera their interest in sex came to a screeching halt with the birth of a child. They voiced other reasons, but most of these as well involved the addition of a new family member. These included "occupied with child rearing" (36.0 percent) and "concerned about the children" (35.0). Other responses for disinterest (with percentages in brackets) included don't find husband appealing any more (29.0); no longer enjoy sex (28.0); unable to feel aroused by husband (27.0); feel repulsed by sex (24.0); no longer any fun (24.0); no longer get a charge from it (14.0); and don't like husband any more (14.0).

>>>

"In Japan, 'seijo-i' the so-called 'missionary position,' is by far the most common" says Shigeru Kashima, a professor of Buddhist literature at Kyoritsu Women's University and author of books on sex. "In the West, by contrast, the female-superior position, where women find it easier to control their movements, predominates. I think there's also a major difference in the degree to which societies permit women to be able to assert their own sexual preferences."

>>

But the sexless equation has two sides, and husbands, too, have reasons for ignoring their wives in the conjugal bed. Of those wives who received some explanation for their husband's lack of interest, precisely half told Aera that their husband had begged off because work "had become busy." The next four replies -- all with 18.8 percent responses -- included he was no longer sexually aroused by her; he no longer found her appealing; he doesn't like sex any more; and he's concerned about the children. This was followed by: sex no longer needed since children had been conceived, 12.5 percent; he had become dysfunctional or impotent, 12.5 percent; and he complained there was not enough foreplay to arouse him, 6.3 percent.

Don't Japanese men have one of the lowest testerone levels in the world? \:\(

Also sleeping with your children is pretty standard in Japan. We all sleep in one room (all 6 of us). But this is mostly to keep the heating costs down. In summer we only sleep with the 2 little ones.

Found this as well

"Despite being at an age when their libidos are running wild, a whopping 70 percent of Japanese couples in their 20s would prefer to have separate bedrooms, according to Shukan Bunshun (11/10)."

Separate bedrooms in their 20s??