Lance is a living legend.

It's a pity that most of the Euro media won't accept that he is a talented freak of nature rather than always trying to label him a doper. They didn't do that when Indurain was at the helm ( 5 times I think) but then he was a Euro wasn't he.

Wish i could watch the tour de lance with Phil Liggits commentary!

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
So are you saying there is absolutely no truth whatsoever in the accusations?
Lance? Hell no. He has some of the hardest working worth ethics as a pro athlete - bar none. The mans been through testicular cancer and has won, what, 6 Tour de Frances? The European media has always attacked him because they cant admit that an Yank can kick their ass on their own turf mad.gif :rolleyes:

I know nothing about all this - he rides a bike, right? ( ;\) )

Your belief in him is touching.

(And your suspicion of the European media sounds somewhat one-sided.)

Hee, the European media suspected Indurain too. and some will tel you that is why he stopped after his 5th win. He was the first who really dedicated his season for the Tour de France.

Armstrong using a well-known/infamous doping related Italian physician doesn't do his case any good.

Also his buddy Tyler Hamilton who just got suspended for 2 years on blood doping.

But I am sure it is jealousy of the European riders and media, that some guy from faraway is running the cycling world for so long and with such ease that you get these stories going.

Every year the media is hoping that someone else will step up, but noone believes it as long as Armstrong is racing.

...where theres smoke theres fire... I just dont buy it - or maybe Im in denial of one of my favorite athletes could possibly dope or use steroids. For some reason though, I just think hes a helluva athlete...especially since he came back after having cancer. Just amazing!

Maybe with Indurain it was because he was a Spaniard?

Also, dont you think its just a pschological game against him by the media to distract him and take him off his game by making it a media circus?

Just pulling your leg.

But hang on a minute..... why doesn't he, if all these terrible allegations are totally false and they are smearing his name???

(I'm officially half American too by the way, just for the record)

I was laughing thinkin bout how true it seems sometimes eek.gif lol.gif

woman spills coffee from McDs = 5 million

man hits head on sign = 2 million

boy sprains ankle falling off a curb = half million

nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore eh? wakaranai.gif :rolleyes: mad.gif

guess hes just above that petty stuff and couldnt care what others think cool.gif

or maybe not: http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/6272.0.html

Lance Armstrong, seeking a record sixth consecutive Tour de France in July, has vowed to take legal action over a new book about him which alleges he used banned drugs.

Tailwind Sports, owner and operator of Armstrong's US Postal Service

Cycling team, said Armstrong, 33, will begin libel proceedings against the authors and publishers of "L.A. Confidential: The Secrets of Lance Armstrong."

"Lance Armstrong utterly denies ever having taken any performance-enhancing drugs," a statement said. "Accordingly, Lance Armstrong has instructed his lawyers to immediately institute libel proceedings."

The book focuses on statements attributed to Emma O'Reilly, a soigneur who worked with Armstrong from 1998-2000. O'Reilly claims Armstrong used the banned blood booster EPO.

O'Reilly also alleges that Armstrong asked her to dispose of bags with syringes after the 1998 Tour of Holland and that in May 1999, as Armstrong trained in the Pyrenees, O'Reilly said she was asked to drive to Spain to pick up drugs which she handed to Armstrong in a parking lot.

O'Reilly claims in the book Armstrong asked her to use makeup to cover up syringe marks on his arm at a Tour de France medical checkup in 1999.

Armstrong, a Texan, has neither tested positive for banned substances nor faced any bans over doping.

O'Reilly, 33, left the US Postal team in 2000 on apparently good terms, with ex-Postal coach Mark Gorski praising her.

Kevin Dessart, a spokesman for long-time Armstrong coach Chris Carmichael, said doping allegations anger Armstrong.

"Chris can attest that Lance has never taken any performance enhancing drugs," Dessart said. "Because of the legal matters involved, we are limited in what we can say."

Has anyone read his book?

I'd love to read it.

I've known about his cancer but didn't know about THE LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION. "I live strong." What a great guy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
Maybe with Indurain it was because he was a Spaniard?
Indurain was a genetic freak, he was gifted with an enormous heart capable of pumping 50litres a minute c.f 12 -25 average peak volume and 5 resting for average people

and he had massive lungs - 8 litre capacity c.f 4.5 average adult - 6.5 top athelete

he could take a 190bpm rate down to 60 in 30seconds and his resting rate was under 30 - 28bpm which is one of the lowest ever recorded
Lance is 32-34.

Both have/had vo2 Max (ability of the body to uptake oxygen measured in mg of Oxygen per kg of bodyweight)of 84 -
a score in the 40s is acceptable for a healthy male

so much of Indurains freakishness can be put down to hard training and of course to "supplements" but you can't take away the genetic headstart he already had.

> I know nothing about all this - he rides a bike, right?

Yes. And he is definitely a doper. Just the other night he cycled over to my house and broke into my garage looking for my stash.

Quote:
"Sheryl, you've been an amazing woman. For someone who is the queen of rock n' roll, you've been a great cycling fan ... a great teammate," he said.
Sweeeeeet! ;\)
  • 4 months later...