2600 women (87 coaches full) / "No Japanese"

That's how many mainly middle-aged Japanese women went (all together!) on some Yon-sama tour to South Korea recently, some kind of filming he was doing for a new movie.

It was on the news last night. In the same piece they were appauled at the fact that some South Korea restaurants now have signs outside saying "No Japanese admitted" (because of the squabbles over that island). Everyone seemed horrified that such a thing could happen. They didn't mention of course the "No Gaijin" signs that can sometimes be found here....

shifty.gif

Interesting that. I've never seen a no gaijin sign while I've been here. Have many people??

The article on the news went on to say that the numbers of people going over to Korea in the last few months has drastically decreased (because of the island issue). Some reporters even asked Yon-sama about it in a press conference and he declined to answer (but looked very serious and concerned).

Never seen a sign but I have been told many times.

people must look at Japan sometimes and scratch their heads.

I mean all these baba chans frothing over some youngish guy??? it's just another reason to laugh at all these sheep.

I've never seen such a sign, even during the world cup in 2002.

I have however been turned away from empty izakaya and restaurants when in a gaijin group quite a few times. They said they had reservations... confused.gif

When i worked in Hokkaido, i would sometimed teach at a satellite school in a small port town called Monbetsu, on the north coast. Anyways, they get alot of Russian sailors in there (who aren't especially known for making tons of $$$) and apparently the local people are not keen on the stolen bikes and public drunkeness (like i've never seen that anywhere else in Japan). Anyways, there are 'No Russians Allowed' signs on almost all the Snacks (the bars, not the food), and i myself was denied entry to a bar, even though i protested and said i was canadian (and speaking Japanese at the time). But the best time was when me and a russian crewmemeber had to drag his HUGE drunk russian capain or something out of a Mos Burger there. Hilarious

What on earth is the deal with this Yon guy anyway. I saw a clip of a drama him pre- big hair and shiny teeth and he looked like any other average Asian guy walking down the street.