Not quite sure if this counts as a TR, but anyway - i took my new Nikon D80 out to shoot around Miasa, Aokiko & Hakuba this afternoon . Not sure at all how to really use it yet, and this is really the first day i've spent any time doing anything with it, but i'm really liking everything about it so far.

Here are a few photos from today.....

Kashimayari

eskimobasecamp_277.jpg

Miasa

eskimobasecamp_278.jpg

Shrine in Miasa

eskimobasecamp_279.jpg

Aokiko

eskimobasecamp_280.jpg

Matsukawa & Mountains

eskimobasecamp_281.jpg

I wasn't particulary happy with any of the shots i took at the Matsukawa today ---- waited around for ages, literally IN the river for the right light --- and none of the shots were anything special. My main aim today though was to shoot Kashimayari.

That's not the camera - looking at photos on different computers is different - they normally come up brighter on a Mac. To optimize for PC browsers, you need to lighten them - usually about 10 to 15%. Easy to do in Photoshop - use the 'Levels' control for best results.

EBC, you need to set up photoshop or your photo software with color profiles as well to make sure you are seeing what you actually shot. Kuma probably has more experience with this - but I use this for printpress and web graphics. There's no way to get an LCD perfectly calibrated, but the color profiles help.

2, 3, and 5 are all into the sun. It's not a complete no-no, but it makes things much more difficult.

They're going to build a baseball ground and training gym along by the Matsukawa. Another big waste of public money.

they are NOT going to build a baseball ground and training gym along by the matsukawa?!!!!!!! NO WAY?!!! one of my favourite chill out spots in hakuba, arghhhh where's the petition, i want to sign it in very large handwriting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
I would prefer the humungous expressway. (Maybe not). Gotta build something!
Rest assured we'll be getting one of them.

ebc how about some compressed air? I use that at home all the time and just use the blower out in the field

maybe get some lens cleaner fluid & paper while you're at it? that way if you get crap on your lens then you can clean it up straight away. fluid is 1000yen

kuma if you are going to be in the shop, a blower, lens cleaner fluid & paper would be great thumbsup.gif

very excited to compare the burton zoom and dakine sequence, thanks for that too.

oeeeuf i hope they don't build ANY of that.