Thanks to SJ my wife and I went off to the Club Med Resort at Sahoro in Hokkaido last weekend.

We arrived in the afternoon and after a welcome drink we were let loose on all the activities. Unfortunately we had arrived at 3:30 and the skiing only went til 4 (the lowest lift is open til 8 though) so the first day we were unable to hit the slopes. We would have been able to ride the afternoon though if our flight from Toyama hadn't been delayed because of a snowstorm. Anyways, we immediately settled down to some intense ping pong before doing a yoga class followed by an onsen. Pretty busy, eh?! There's yoga, stretching and aerobics classes everyday but you need more hours in a day to fit everything in! The cool thing about the onsen is the huge stack of towels outside. No need to worry about remembering to bring your towel each time (or even drying it afterwards!). A number of times throughout the 3 days we were there, we would just be passing by the onsen and spontaneously decide to just hop in for 20 minutes! Ahhh, the luxury thumbsup.gif

Then came dinner....wow, this gives a new definition to a buffet! There was so much delicious food that we must have gone back at least 4 or 5 times to try different plates \:o In one meal I had ribs, a plate of pesto spaghetti, some chicken satays, laksa soup, 2 hamburgers, 2 hot dogs and a salad. Then I grabbed some caramelized bananas and some chocolate chip cookies for desert! not to mention the white chocolate baguette! I'm not a big eater but there were so many different plates that were so mouth-watering that it was impossible not to eat. It was all-you-can-drink too and people were just helping themselves to bottles of wine. The staff come and sit and eat with you which is nice, as you can get the inside scoop on skiing or activities.

After dinner, there is a show. It's a mix of dancing, magic and comedy. It's a bit cheezy but we did have a good chuckle at times. After the show everybody moved to the bar area where there's a stage aswell. Some staff were up there leading the faithful through some evidently club med favourite songs as the crowd were all dancing para para style. Everybody knew all the moves and my wife and I had to struggle to keep up :p

After that there was a disco but apart from heading down for some shots of shochuu we retired early. Next morning, after a huuuge breakfast we hit the slopes. The club med is ski in ski out which is actually really convenient. We decided not to get a lesson since we didn't want to waste time doing the warmups and the riding test. We took the lift up to the top and found the legal offpiste trees straight away. It's a family-oriented resort and the trees were untracked. So, first run my wife and I ripped through some nice pow under the lift. We hit that run prob 4 times and tracked it out he he he (but I guess we only tracked it out for ourselves since noone else was hitting it). After a huuuuge lunch (are you getting the picture yet?) we lapped up more tree runs til 4. The mountain itself is medium-sized and I could see myself enjoying 3 or 4 days there. What most club medders do though is get in a group with an instructor and explore the mountain while getting a lesson. They do that for a week and have a great time. The instructors are super nice and it's easy to see why the club med lessons are so popular. Like I said before, we would have joined a group but we only had a day and a half of riding so we went solo. I did get some great tips from an instructor going up the lift. He pointed out some good spots to hit.

So the second night went like the first one:pool, indoor jacuzzi, outdoor jacuzzi, onsen, huuuuuuge dinner, drinks, show, para para ( I need a few more days there to get the moves perfect!) disco, bed.

The whole time we were there we felt like we were on a cruise. There was so much to do and it was just a party atmosphere even though there were lots of families thumbsup.gif

We were so busy I only got one photo:

kumapix_75.jpg

it was what I saw out my window the sunday morning. a nice sun rising through the blizzard.

My wife and I had an absolute blast and we higly recommend this resort to everyone!

Thanks again SJ!!! This site rocks \:\)

I took a big dslr with 4 lenses...but this is more of a small point-n-shoot in the pocket type trip. We spent the day riding the trees so I didn't want my camera pack swinging around hitting tree trunks. plus the snow was so good there was no stopping ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
thanks....backstabber!
hey, i wasn't the one who was sent to a posh hotel for *free* and not take pictures ;\)

every time you point your finger at someone, three fingers are pointing right back @ u \:D