hey there,

Im heading to Asahikawa in two weeks to board Diasetsuzan Kurodake and Asahidake ropeway with a crew of 5 Aussies. I would like to hear if any of you guys have been to either of these mountains and if so some tips would be awesome. i have only ever boarded in Aust and US in sloppy snow so i have never seen powder and i am super amped to get there. I hope someones got some guff for me on the backcountry cause ive heard that we are gonna need it! Hope we get some clear days. email me if you read this and you are gonna be up in Asahikawa between Feb 12 thru 28. Have a few Kirins! woo hoo cant wait! Wanted to go ever since i watched the Car Danchi movies 1 and 2. Crazy bastards livin in their cars. Powder must br worth it! I hear its bloody cold.

cheers,

Leighton, Gold Coast, Aust.

Surely you jest!

You have never seen powder before? You are going on what sounds like a mainly Backcountry trip?

Seriously you will probably have alot more fun if you stick to the resorts and ride the edges of the runs ducking in and out of the trees to get a feel for it.

How did you research and plan this trip?

hey hold outs,

i appreciate what most of you say except i would like to hear from people who have balls and have been there before. Planning was done by two of the guys that live in JP and have been there the last two years running and they have said it is the most uncrowded perfect scenery you can get. Asahidake is like having lift access to back country runs. I am going along for the ride So i will let you blokes fight it out at whatever overcrowded resorts u like. Anyway if its too crazy they have groomed resorts we can go to.

im hearin you about a local guide TDAY and i have also been told there is an Aussie guy who owns a pub in asahikawa who goes up there all the time. will have to buy a few beers off him and get him talkin.

i will be thinkin of you guys when im carving down the longest powder runs in Japan @ Diasetuzan Kurodake. You never know if you never go!

>i appreciate what most of you say except i would like to hear from people who have balls and have been there before

I have 2 balls, 2 pretty big balls. So what?

You have no backcountry experience and you're asking us for advice? Get a guide or dont go.

Not the longest powder lines either.

hahahahahaha have fun 'carving' in the powder lol. and good luck learning how to ride powder in the backcountry, sounds like a good place to start lol. ohh man bring on the aussie tourists, it's just getting funnier all the time.

whaazzzuuup sheepy u cheeky sneaky freaky old goat u, where you at? wave.gif thumbsup.gif

wtf never skied powder want back country advice from people that actually do it. You are the type of person who will get yourself killed. Even worse someone like me killed who is below you in Avalanche terrain but you are dumb enough not to be aware or care.

And come-on teaching English nice burn considering that many if not most arent even English teachers here, what are you like 12?

Here is the answer to the Question. gorbie wannabe snowboarder asks a really stupid question. Then gorbie falls in the trees so many times cause that is what a GORBIE does.

Your new name is GORBIE

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
No one that gives me free stuff is a loser T-day. EBC drop by after work for a drink and a chat if you would like. We can also sit by the fire and look at the 3000 foot peaks, oh yes gorbie only in your dreams.
sounds splendid FT, i shall be there. and i'll bring my mates who dropped over from the UK with me, if that's ok. we have a question for you. see you later thumbsup.gif

gorbie - remember to post us a TR when you've ripped the backcountry carving, or whatever they call it these days ;\)