Hi wave.gif

I'm always puzzled about the choice of music they put on at ski resorts here (and the fact they do at all!)

Yesterday at Naspa we were treated to what sounded like an 80's pop compliation CD. We got Culture Club, Duran Duran, Foreigner, Human League, Wham, Hall & Oates, Van Halen etc. (We are not particularly fans of such music, but my husband and I grew up with lots of that music).

It was a real blast from the past for us.

What have you been treated to on the slopes this season so far?

At Naeba I got Snoop Dogs version of an old ?Marvin Greaves? ... I really want to Love you... but Snoops version was just a little more explicit...... Really made me realize that nobody actually understands any of the lyrics.

Thankfully up at Kagura it was all quiet on the western front.... Nothing but the sound of digging trenchs in the snow.... just the way I like it!

"We got Culture Club, Duran Duran, Foreigner, Human League, Wham, Hall & Oates, Van Halen etc. "

Damn that sounds bad, but a lot better than the constant J-pop at the hills in Akita. It seems there's one official "Best J-pop for Ski Hills Album in the World Ever 2007" album that is distributed to all the hills here and nobody is allowed to play anything else. Wherever you go it's the same and the CD starts over roughly every hour, for the whole season!! wakaranai.gif

Who ever thought this was a good idea, can't we just have peace to enjoy the mountains.