>I love skiing with extra wieght in the deep pow. I sink down and get even deeper pow oh joy!

This is a skier proving once and for all that compared to surfing pow on a snowboard, skiing powder on skis sucks so bad that the only way get a little bit fun is to make it suck even more. It is truly perverted gimp logic: when all chances of healthy soaring-heart happiness are gone, revert to self destructive deprivation and humiliation.

Riding pow is like sex more than we realise.

Bottom line: if you are not snowboarding on pow, you are a perverted unhappy gimp.

this coming from the one who has self professed to not rather not have pow as it hampers the type of riding he prefers.

looking for a way to waste some time fried potato? has the company relaxed on the strictly enforced no internet abuse policy?

we should adopt and strictly enforce "no a spud abusing the forums" policy.

db, your recent posts that I've come across have seemed so mild, until this one. True to form spud! Skiing powder btw kicks ass, and in a lot of conditions, (like semi-tight trees for one) you'd probably get yours kicked if you were on a snowboard. You're learning how to ski aren't you? Good luck getting over that intermediate hurdle. ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by quattro:
Faceshots are what its all about
don't quite get that. I don't like faceshots. do you like getting a shovelful of snow in the face?
You can't see where you're going for a (what could be important) second and you get a wet & cold face.
Roostertails and big hero turns are what its all about thumbsup.gif
w-hughes-powder-tignes-nm.jpg
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
 Quote:
Originally posted by quattro:
Faceshots are what its all about
don't quite get that. I don't like faceshots. do you like getting a shovelful of snow in the face?
You can't see where you're going for a (what could be important) second and you get a wet & cold face.
Roostertails and big hero turns are what its all about thumbsup.gif
w-hughes-powder-tignes-nm.jpg
FWIW, skis do that too.

yeah i'm usually getting face shots from samuria's roostertails. damn twin tip gotamas. mad.gif

the beauty of skiing is that we have the option to do both if we so choose. one run tight fall line faces shot turns, next run long arcing super g style. or, both in the same run if we so choose. beat that.

Quote:
Being as I love the never-ending my-tool-is-better-than-your-tool argument;

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDCC-1-41-1727-11917/sports/extreme_sports/

I thank the snowboard industry for giving ski manufacturers the heads up on the right epoxies to make our boards fatter too.
Great video link, Samurai. lol.gif Totally agree with the positive effect snowboarding has had on skiing too. So many shapes and sizes to choose from depending on conditions, etc... ...

I don't know if why we skiers like faceshots. It is cold snow, you end up with ice freezing up in your face. But it says (used to say) something about the depth of the snow. And depth of snow is an important funfactor.

For me the best thing about skiing is the time you can take off your boots at the end of the day. Although on a good day you want to postpone the skiboot moment as long as the lifts are running.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
yeah, but I don't want face shots at all...
choosing to sink in a turn (while having the skills to float again) is a very fun thing to do. If you haven't discovered that yet, look forward to learning it. Deep, over-the-head snow rocks, assuming you have the skills to float your way out of the turn and avoid the awful swimming tragedies. There are few things worse than swimming in deep snow after a fall. \:\(