whatever touring boot i end up getting will need extensive work done on it, so i'd like to know if anyone has any info on quality/services/rumors/locations/language ability whathaveyou about shops in tokyo.

i'm really looking for a shop with experience and guts to do surgery when necessary (but i'll take what i can find)

thanks \:\)

Good question SM, I wish I knew. I have a calcification on the inside of my left foot (2nd Maleola), and looking to get some custom fit done at some stage. My foot is killing me after a couple hours+ skiing which is why I tend to board more than I used to these days.

Seems like everyone is looking for one. I'm looking for one in Sapporo or Tokyo. I make it down there quite often.

Find it hard to believe no one on this forum can recommend one.

I know 2 boot fitters in Ochanomizu.

I had really good insoles made at one I forget the name.however it is really easy to find.Pretty sure they only do nihongo, but they seem like a good skishop catered towards real enthusiasts. They guy was pretty upset I was getting insoles made for my snowboard boots but he did it.Good job too.

Anyway we all know the huge victoria on the corner of yasukuni and the road going up to ochanomizu station.with your back to it cross over and walk along yasukuni (you can see a macdonalds)just before macdonalds is one ski shop which do bootfitting not sure what they are like.

anyway walking past the macdonalds towards jimbocho station is one last ski shop.These guys really sorted me out.I had my feet sitting in hot gel and they made me really good insoles.I saw them doing other stuff to ski boots so I think they can pretty much do anything to make your boot fit.

I have to go back up there this week so I will try to see what the shop is called.but it`s the only one down that end opposite all the book stores.

Shouldn`t be too hard to find as they only do ski`s.

I went to Sakaiya shoe shop. They usually have the largest selection of Touring boots and decided to go with the Garmont Adrenalin. I went to all the other shops that i know sell AT gear and a few others but they had nothing much or if they did they didn't have my size. i have to admit that there seems to be more touring gear in the shops then last year though.

Sakaiya doesn't do serious mods but the places that do that kind of stuff don't (normally) sell AT boots. If I do end up needing more work done, I'll have to go somewhere else but that's what I expected. In any case i won't have anyone chop at my boots until i've ridden a good few days to see how they adjust.

I'm going to pick'em up and have the liners molded on Thursday, pretty stoked to have new boots \:D

I checked and it was ICI that made my insoles for my snowboard boots. It`s ishii sports but says ICI.Anyway I checked yesterday what the name was so there you go. Maybe there are others that are better who knows but they did me fine.