thanks - i'm pretty lucky considering where i fell, it could have been so much worse. you can "see" lots of pictures of me in my gallery thumbsup.gif

ohh yeah i forgot about the flesh pic, yeah i might do a bit of editing and cropping and show you what it looked like when i did it cb ;\)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NZ is quite photogenic. So is the lump.

I know what I'm doing next summer.

That fall must have hurt, but if you don't stop tripping out on it, you'll never get over the fear. I just hope it isn't too late.

Be thankful there was no fence waiting to impale yourself on at the bottom.

Great pics. Great trip. Thanks.

Yeah dude it still hurts and there's still a lump! But that's over on the injuries thread. I'm not scared - i just won't be going THAT close to rocks again - i cringe now when i watch ski movies that show riders bailing and JUST missing big rocks by an inch. I want to go bigger and better in Japan, but the injury is holding me back this season, it's not nearly OK. New Zealand is so beautiful, and the people are the friendliest i've ever come across, i highly reccommend a trip next summer. I wish i could do it all over again (ehh not the falling part of course)

Quote:
Originally posted by bettyx:
... 'what is that lump on your leg ruining your amazing skinny jeans?'
... that, BettyX, is what we call a 'Bat Wing' :p

Very nice pics indeed. Though, we needed a downhill shot to see how you came to fall off an obvious precipice like that! ;\)

(Zigged when ya should've zagged, eh?)
 Quote:
Originally posted by SubZero:
 Quote:
Originally posted by bettyx:
... 'what is that lump on your leg ruining your amazing skinny jeans?'
... that, BettyX, is what we call a 'Bat Wing' :p

Very nice pics indeed. Though, we needed a downhill shot to see how you came to fall off an obvious precipice like that! ;\)

(Zigged when ya should've zagged, eh?)
i wish i had shots of the drop in, but i don't - my bro had my camera at the bottom of the line. it's super steep to start, the conditions were bad by that point and my skis slipped in the one turns i had to make. looking down from the top, all you can see are the rocks i fell over.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Nice pics.

How is the quality of the snow in NZ? In all the pics I've ever seen of NZ, the snow always looks hard, sparse, icy, and chopped up. Does NZ get any fluff anywhere?
yaaa i think they do - but for the month i was there it snowed about 4 times, so in my personal experience it didn't dump anything like it does here. the cardrona valley is also pretty windy, so it's one of those OOOOOOH nice soft stuff, ARGGHHHH wtf ICE ICE BABY skiing sessions. makes you expect the unexpected? the terrain i skied out there (a lot of park before i fell though) was hard, icy and a bit nasty. it reminded me of skiing in scotland, though it really wasn't as bad as that. i want to do it all over again, i know exactly where i would go this time. you can find powder in the right places thumbsup.gif they have amazing mountains there, and so many of them, it's really worth going.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
should rename you:eskimo"crash-n-burn"bumcramp

bet none of the blokes fell on the rocks ;\)
they didn't go back and ski it - they were in the park all afternoon. only 3 of us skied that line that morning - me and 2 locals. my brother wouldn't do it.

Main thing is you're okay.

We've found snow conditions in NZ to be extremely variable. Gotta admit, when it's going off it is nice. Weather is another thing - you're indeed lucky to get an uninterupted blue-sky week. That is, without blizzards, slush, etc, etc.

Did you find the Microbrewery in Queenstown? Mmmmm, great beer.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:

After our day trip to Queenstown a big storm blew in, closing the resorts for one day - the following day Cardrona closed due to a virus which took out about 70 of their staff. I bought a helmet in Queenstown, and 2 days later skied down this short chute (this part is called the Arcadia chutes) - my skis slipped and i tumbled over the rockface to the right of the snow, ending the ski trip early.

eskimobasecamp_183.jpg
AK%2077_1.jpg

I drew it from memory, to serve the slavvering hordes of SJ people demanding (photo) blood from EBC with an idea of where she fell, as I had seen the photo once, about 4 weeks earlier..

Yes, i had a lot of time that day.

Oh, and please do not take this thread off topic with your preferences for badonkadonk ;\)

badonka what?!!! i had to look up the urban dictionary for that one. yaaaa AK i was hoping you would bring the drawing out, it was hilarious and i did say at the time, that it was so life like that there was no need for me to post the real picture... BUT no-one believed me! eek.gif

glad you are all going to NZ next summer now (can i sneak into someone's ski bag?)