SJ#1 - thanks again, emailed you again - thanks for dealing with it so quickly.

betty baby - they stole a picture from a bc hike, not my view. but yeh the view is not bad eh?! i woke up an hour before my alarm went off eek.gif must be the snow effect. how are you coping with ugly architectural syndrome (or whatever we called it)??! i don't know who these monkey folk are, but i hope they ply me with champagne this winter in compensation.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no way do i fault SJ at all. How can it be SJ'S fault really. SJ was only involved because the pic or pics.... were taken right from the site, then marketed through the site.

As for giving the competition a kick in the arse, well heck yeah. You do something like this you get called on it period. This season a bunch of us have been re-doing websites and we have gone around asking for permission to use each others photos.

I was with EBC last night going through sites we thought looked good and discussing how I should be redoing mine. While going through the site she went "thats my picture, they stole my picture".

If this was America money would have to trade hands or worse the site would have to come down to check copyright violations.

yeh thanks, it was a damn sweet view, had been hiking through cloud for a while and suddenly went up through it and it all cleared, it was absolutely amazing ---- and once i start taking pictures, i don't tend to stop. can that be my excuse as to why i'm always a million miles behind all the boys hiking up? i spend a lot of time taking pictues. on that day tour alone up the happo ridge i took exactly 100 shots thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
off the highest peak there?
my dream line? the face of yari (yes toque we know you've skied it before you tell us again) ;\)

a proper apology would be nice, i'm not impressed. it was done intentionally, they just cut off the SJ stamp at the bottom.

Do some of you ever make mistakes, or do something wrong?

They did wrong - "they" quite probably actually being 1 person who did this without perhaps the others knowing. I don't know the clear situation. I don't know what was said behind the scenes. But it seems to me that they at least cleared it quickly. They have taken a bit of beating and now that this is going on too much and some people are just using this opportunity to rag on other people.

I don't even know these people and i don't wish to argue with anyone.... but then i didn't do this, the Monkey Riders did. They took a picture off SJ belonging to me - cut off the SJ signature and put it on their website, without asking permission. Then they marketed themselves through SJ in the Accommodation section. It wasn't done by accident.

YES they already took it down off their site, but they shouldn't have done it in the first place. You can't just plagiarise material OR steal photos, to then use for your own commercial ends - without permission from the owner/creator giving you the right to do so.

Don't stand up for them!!!!

No way.

I think it is disgusting

...that they didn't steal one of EBCs photos with ME IN IT.

I want a ****ing apology.

Have they no taste? Do they not know that one of the photos with what Bettyx quite rightly describes above as 'one of AK's awsome pose thingies... or something' would have scientifically increased their popularity by 28.5%???

Disgusting. It's the last time I'll ever put up with not being in a stolen photo, I tell you.

Quote:
Originally posted by bettyx:
if i were black i'd throw in a 'you go girl' or something similarly empowering.

as it stands, i'm a jlander-wannabe honky, so all i can do is chuckle.
You can always come for a ride in my new pimp mobile although you mat want to wait until I paint it purple in a couple of weeks \:\)

000_0316.jpg
 Quote:
Originally posted by AK 77:
Do they not know that one of the photos with what Bettyx quite rightly describes above as 'one of AK's awsome pose thingies... or something' would have scientifically increased their popularity by 28.5%???
Sounds interesting. Tell me more \:\)