I just use a Canon IXUS digital camera - 5 mega pixels i think. But i edit on iPhoto on my MAC thumbsup.gif

I'd love a real camera, it's not currently in the budget however.

Yes and the Monkey Rider people who used my picture without permission, better take it off their website, or pay me for the picture.

Yeee the hannah banana therapy is goooood thumbsup.gif

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SJ 1 thank you! Replied to you.

Maybe the Monkey Rider people should go around Hakuba and it's mountains and take their own pictures for their site, instead of stealing them off other sites and people OR they should contact those people and ask permission/offer payment for the use of their pictures. Very unprofessional.

I took the pictures i did this morning, so everyone on SJ can see what Hakuba looks like today ---- i don't take pictures and put them on here, so someone can use them for their own marketing benefit/money making enterprises.

So, Monkey Riders take my picture off your site ASAP. Or else i'll expect you to pay me for my picture.

You use someones pics without permission how is it an "oops sorry thats not my picture, ill take it off now"!

IF she was a pro photographer there would be a lawsuit and the pro photographer would win plain and simple. I was there when she found it yesterday and ill tell you that she was pissed. And why shouldnt she be. She ses a new hotel looks at the site and then sees her own picture. I think she is entitled to more than an im sorry, i think she should get cash as a just settlement for stealing her work.

• SnowJapan Admin

We have just been informed that the photo has now been changed.

If anyone ever sees anything like this again, please just let us know at the usual email address and we will look into it as quickly as we can.

Thanks.

There wasn't as much snow as the last time, but good to see anyway. More to come at the weekend though. Bring it on!

Using people's stuff uninvited is never good, but doing it openly in a small town where's its obvious who everyone is....

thank you, i don't mind where anyone stays in hakuba at all, and i certainly don't want to be involved in any conflict.

i was however, very annoyed that my photo had been taken and used for someone else's commercial project without my permission. i like my photos very much, and unless someone makes me an offer, they are not there to be used by anyone else. i would like to continue posting my pictures on SJ, without fear that they will be stolen and used for commercial purposes. in this case, as mr wiggles points out, it was used locally and i KNOW my photos, so spotted it immediately - so i doubt that this will happen in hakuba again, or at least i hope not.

in the case of the monkey riders, perhaps they should reconsider how they market themselves, as i highly doubt that every photo on their site was taken by themselves or otherwise that they have permission from those who did take the pictures (especially as whoever designs their site purposely went onto SJ and took my photo!) you can't run a commercial enterprise in such a careless way. it's NOT ok to take other people's pictures.

PP - the resorts in hakuba open when there is enough snow - last year it was around 3rd dec but that was exceptionally early. they compete to open first, and last year it was goryu i think, or at least that's where i was on the 3rd.

• SnowJapan Admin

eskimobasecamp

I can understand your frustration with the situation - we have been in your situation more than a few times.

Apart from trying to deal with things if they happen there is not much else that we can do to prevent people from doing this (it's not just images on Snow Japan that people can theoretically use without asking permission of course).

I hope you were ok with the way that we dealt with the situation. We will do all we can and as quickly as we can if anything like this happens and we notice or someone else lets us know.

argh eski, count yourself lucky that your view is is so wicked that people want to steal it!

and now i'm intrigued.. who are these monkey folk? way to go for the free advertising, i guess?

& finally, what the hell are you doing up at dawn?!! putting us city folk to shame, no doubt.