yes i've heard this banter about german people before - actually i've never been to germany, but have a few german friends, who definitely all get sarcasm.

i was shit at physics in school, but the teacher was also the ski teacher, so i took physics class... it didn't do me much good, so i'd believe anything anyone said relating to heat, weight, photon solar carbon spectrum deposits or whatever the hell any of that is?

anyway thanks for that fine bit of entertainment - i think i'll just get a green helmet instead - unless they become magnetic towards the trees? do they?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also know quite a few Germans that are first class smart arses, and all really nice people. Its the ones you find buried deep in German society that are remarkable.

Nothing wrong with green besides being an ugly colour. But I suppose it will suit your Jacket. More importantly it will suit FT's jacket. Pair looku. ;\)

No mate, no break up, just a bunch of ducks didn't line up. In fact, some of the ducks are yet to reveal themselves, all I can hear is quack quack.

If I am accepted onto the CAA course then I will be in the Purcel Mountains, based in a back country hut. Knowing my run at the moment, the CAA application will go tits up as well.

EBC will never post a pic. Torn jacket, bent poles, bruised helmet... anything will do. Lets hunt down her brother and torture him like an Iraqi.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
hmmm now where can i find a large ostrich egg? confused.gif
I saw them for sale in an Ostrich farm near Hakodate . Seriously, they came ready painted in all sorts of funky colours too \:D

In my opnion, the vents on the 9:

1. are not as numerous (makes head warmer, but perhaps also gives a stronger helmet)

2. don't have the vent closure switch (makes it harder to regulate head temp, but also makes the 9 lighter)

3. don't look as stylish (obviously this is not important, its just an observation)

You are asking all these gimme gimme gimme questions as though you're going to buy a helmet on line. DON'T BE STUPID. Some helmets really do not suit some heads. I have already stated that the 9 fit is noticeably different to the Fuse fit on my head. Unless you have worn a helmet before, don't buy it online.

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
In my opnion, the vents on the 9:

1. are not as numerous (makes head warmer, but perhaps also gives a stronger helmet)
2. don't have the vent closure switch (makes it harder to regulate head temp, but also makes the 9 lighter)
3. don't look as stylish (obviously this is not important, its just an observation)

You are asking all these gimme gimme gimme questions as though you're going to buy a helmet on line. DON'T BE STUPID. Some helmets really do not suit some heads. I have already stated that the 9 fit is noticeably different to the Fuse fit on my head. Unless you have worn a helmet before, don't buy it online.
lol as if i'd buy a helmet online before trying it on... omg eek.gif sorry not even i would do something THAT stupid. baby, i've tried them ALL on, just wanted some opinions about design specs etc

so far i like FUSE the best - it's only 30g heavier than the nine, but feels like a lot more of a reliable sturdy helmet, plus the vent system is far superior.

i also own a giro ENCORE, in size small all the giro helmets i've tried have been really nice fits and comfortable, though now i realise how heavy the ENCORE is, i don't reccommend it to anyone - but i can say i've tested it out in a crash situation and it does work very well.

Its a sight to behold, and a unique place on Earth to visit, a deformed human experiment in a massive petri dish.

But to stay longer than a weekend, or for two years.... never again. It is not fit for the living.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
what don't you like about the vent set up?
The fact you have to pull foam bits out to open the vents...cannot be done on the fly like the fuse or the ten, but once they're open they are ok!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
or try one in a shop and then buy online if it's cheaper.
I am sorry but that is a pr1ck act.....somebody has to pay for the floor space and staff that hlped you try that helmet on and you reward them by buying off the net? that is crap!