here's my set up

LINE prophets 100 172cm mounted with Fritschi Freerides (touring/bc/out of bounds access/deep pow)

K2 Public Enemys 164cm mounted with Salomon 912Ti

(all mountain/whatever ski)

Rossignol Scratch FS 167cm mounted with Rossi Scratch 120

(purely for the park, what can i say... they were cheap on SAC... cough... kuma bought those stupid sunglasses... cough...)

... and ehh i need to sell a couple of jackets :p

... the fire sale HAHAHAHA my gear is coming with me baby --- ps i'm not leaving LOL

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
i just think its stupid to double triple up your gear. why have 130000 yen in jackets in jackets it just makes no sense.
130,000 yen???? eek.gif

I spent 40,000 on the 3 different jackets i bought this year! Which is the price of one new season's one!

and before that I've only had 2 jackets in the last 7 years (including 3 and a half full seasons).

I still think I've got some way to go before I match Kuma for bargain-happy buying! \:D
Bye the way Kuma, want to sell me a pair of those leather googles, just to wind FT up! lol.gif
(again, the 2 pairs of googles I have now have both seen use for the last 6 years, and cost less than 5000 yen each).

Ultimately we are all grown ups (just about) so we can spend our money as we like...

If I see a bargain now, I will buy it to save money in the future, when that bargain may not be around.

MY point is that people are buying all the gear but the stuff they need to get to all these places that they are talking about.

Ive stayed away from buying skis, and clothing so that I can actually buy the things I know that I will need.

Here is a list of what I want some people to carry this season if they are going 4 hours off the back or more.

First aid kit (i cant be the only one to always pack this)

Avalache testing stuff come on why do I have to be the one with it.

Crampons and an Axe. I dont want to be turned back because of this.

ropes to build an E-sled again why does it only have to be me.

Things that you should be looking for more than jackets that do the same thing.

down or light wieght clothes for your pack (this stuff will save your life, for certain with the thin shells that people are packing.

Hot packs again anthoer small thing but it saves lives.

Sac and other sites get a way better rate on shipping than we can get by ourselves. If you intend on leaving everything you aquire has to fit on a plane or into a container (box) the price will be very high.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
130 000 yen???? a major miscalculation there FT --- he only spent 40 000 yen on his jackets
Yes, i think he can read that it my post above.
Stop trying to wind him up!!

IlikearguingwithFTcamp.

i always carry first aid stuff with me - but i'd like to upgrade and get some more stuff to add into that, i think that's very important.

i don't have avi testing stuff, i want to do the course and check that out.

i'm not buying an ice axe or crampons until i actually think i can use them ---- need more experience with smaller stuff/easier climbing terrain first. so i'll see how i go this season, on that front.

im not wound up at all but there is a big difference between needing something and not needing something.

For example The rossi fs scratch is a horrible ski when matched up to the PE. To buy a ski that is built as crappy as it is blows my mind. There is a reason why they were going so cheap and had so many left over. They are noddles and made out of bloody cheap foam. Rossihas to put metal inserts into their skis to stiffen them up, when they do this the ski tends to then get bent.

Im trying to hammer home something without picking on people but look at your budgets. make a budget of what you need and or what you want.

buy a Camera instead of a few things that heck you seriously dont need.

>First aid kit (i cant be the only one to always pack this)

I always carry one too.

>Avalache testing stuff come on why do I have to be the one with it.

Sorry, dont have one but will work on it.

>Crampons and an Axe. I dont want to be turned back because of this.

You got me crampons and an iceaxe will be in the works for when its needed.

>ropes to build an E-sled again why does it only have to be me.

After falling in a creek, on the day when YOU ALMOST LEFT THE ROPE IN THE CAR, Ive always carried one!!! \:o \:D

I'm at the point where i refuse to buy some of this stuff any more. If i include all the stuff i have in storage there would probably be enough gear to mount a small expedition any where in the world.

Like fats said you cant take it with you. I try to keep just enough stuff. But a friend will get me back in the climbing thing again and I'll add another set of cams or some thing to the list.

well don't worry no one is asking you to ride it. i know quite a few riders who use this ski in the park and pipe and they like it --- and i want to learn more this year. anyway, i'm finished buying skis, i don't need anymore than that, i've got my everyday all mountain ski, my fat pow ski and a park ski. how many flippin skis do you have?!!!!

just boots to pick up now, and they are ordered for me to compare and try. and i've still got money in the bank to pay what i owe at home.

if i make progress this season and i need more gear to get to bigger places, then i'll buy it.

i don't have a lodge, a wife, a child... that's why.

My skis are bought over many seasons. usally one per plus freebies that i then pass on or sell.

Yes I have a family but guess what I have the gear to get me where i want to go. Why are you bringing that up. Dont get angry at me cause the rossis are crappy skis.