1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I put this in the snow forum because I always see Japanese dudes smoking in the lodges and on the lifts, even sometimes chilling out on top of a peak with a butt between their lips. Seems crazy to me, and possibly even dangerous at extreme elevations.

Just curious how many here smoke at all, and of those that do if you go without while at the resort or if you're hardcore like the japanese and need your nic fix while you ride the lift.

I've rode gondala's where people smoked. Extremely annoying! Why do smokers think it's ok to dispose of their trash on the ground anywhere they damn well please? I go fishing at a local river and find it polluted with cigs. The ski-jo, polluted with cigs. I go home and lay on the beach and it's polluted with cigs. What's up with that? I drink a lot of pet bottle tea and often chew gum but I don't finish a bottle or a gum wrapper and casually throw it out of my car window or toss it onto the beach. What's with the smoker's mentality that it's perfectly normal to just dispose of your trash anywhere? wakaranai.gif

I know there are some responsible smokers but look around ANYWHERE (and I mean anywhere!) and you will find smoker's trash. It's disgusting! Smokers, have some thought for us thtat don't enjoy your dirty habbit!

Please!!

I used to have short hair, all spiked up like the Dragonball guy but Tarzan didn't like it much. We made a deal that if I grew my hair he would quit smoking. Took us both a couple of years but we are better off for it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
what, for having long hair??
Hmm... not sure if I'm better off having long hair. I don't think one is better than the other but if me Tarzan finds long hair more attractive then I guess our relationship is better off which is good for both of us. Relationships usually need some degree of compromise to work and I don't think it's unreasonable to make some demands on your partners appearance - I mean I'd still love Tarzan but I'm not sure that I'd find him sexually attractive if he suddenly put on 50kgs or started dressing in a way I really hated. (Sorry, totally off topic)

I love to smoke. My preferred form of death are Gaulouse Legere. They are a true French black tobacco with wonderful flavour and length, yet in a very mild package.

I carry a portable aqsh tray with me and don't drop fag ends. I don't smoke in restaurants, but I do smoke in bars.

I read that the western world is suffering an epidemic of obesity. Suggestion. Go back to your home country and tell the non-smoking fat gits to lose weight or die young.

don't smoke but i agree with you. to be honest with you i feel equally if not more disgusted with obesity than i do smoking. why don't we ban fat people for all public establishments?

Smokers directly affect YOUR health. Do you think second hand smoke doesn't affect you? Fat people might be annoying to look at to you daver but will not shorten your life expectancy. And for some fat people it's a health disorder. But smoking is alway's a choice. You can't compare the two.

Woo hoo?

The problem is those that do blow smoke in my face (it's not that infrequent) and the garbage they leave behind everywhere. I came home tonight from a restaurant with super stinky clothes from smokers and my guess is that's b/c the smoke floated on over to my table even though the smokers weren't sitting in front of me blowing smoke in my face (just a guess!) That's what the problem is. My lungs are a little bit dirtier b/c of the smokers. That's the problem. Thank you for not being one of them!

I love the invisible wall they have in the middle of the restaurant defining the smoking and non-smoking section. They always look at me funny when I say 'no' to the table closest to the smoking section.

I appreciate a responsible smoker (ie with manners). I find the Japanese very ignorant on the subject.

If someone tries to smoke in the gondola or on the lift next to me I tell them to forget about it.

It usually goes like this:

Me:'Excuse me, are you intending to smoke without asking me if I'm ok breathing your smoke and then dying of cancer?'

Them:'Oh, I'm sorry. Do you mind if I smoke?'

Me:'Yes.'

that's usually a conversation killer lol.gif