• SnowJapan Admin

As you probably know, the forums and the complete site were offline from yesterday afternoon until just a short while ago.

The reason? Well, we are investigating this right now, but it seems that some person/people decided to attack our server. \:\(

On seeing this, we decided to take the server offline asap before any real damage was done and protect ourselves as best we can. We've been working frantically since yesterday afternoon and all through the night and have only just put ourselves back online.

We think all is ok with all the files of the site, but if you encounter any problems with the site at all please email us at editor@snowjapan.com.

Also, we have lost some mails during the period 2pm yesterday to 8am this morning. If you sent a mail to us, submitted a Resort Review or a Member Page request please resend.

Very sorry, not much else we could do given the very annoying and frustrating circumstances we found ourselves in.

Thanks!

• SnowJapan Admin

If the "posted at" times are all wonky on your PC, you can change them by going to:

my profile

==

View/Update profile

==

Time Adjustment (change as necessary here - you most likely need the setting to be "1")

Sorry to hear that.

By the way, the times on the forum are an hour ahead. I tried resetting my profile as per your instructions but it it didn't make any difference so I set them back to 0.

If it starts working again later I'll let you know.

The times on the display are really confusing even to us. We've logged in a few different accounts and seen different times even with the same personal settings (which is very confusing). We'll keep an eye on it and try to stabalise it...

If you logout and view the forums, the time should be correct.

This is the second ski related site i've seen hacked. mad.gif mad.gif It's good you guys caught it before too much damage was done. The other site lost it's entire forum.

Thanks for the good work

has someone asked if you have good backup policies \:D I know the ones i have for my wifes business are cr*p \:D

daily, offsite and all that....

maybe rsync to another server...

this site is just fantastic and I doubt my 6 friends and I would have come skiing in Japan at Noz and booked direct without it...

it really is one of the best skiing sites ive seen..!