not that i'll ever catch up to you up a mountain
Make it your goal
Thanks for the chicken by the way. I was really able to work my jaw muscles
Good to hang with you all those times thumbsup.gif
Even if we never got to ski together
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
and hopefully get a teaching job after
You have had a fantastic run since coming to Japan, I have JET friend here in Nara, who put Gifu/Nagano as he choices but got Nara instead.
Getting Gifu must have been the catalyst for your vein of good form (broken foot aside)

Best of luck for the the next leg of your life. I remember your first post as "ILivetoskiyou" now you are "Mr Snow Japan".

One thing though, dont want to rain on your parade but it a really tight market in B.C. for High school teachers, two friends of mine and experienced school teachers ( Canadian with Kiwi husband ) who are complete outdoor freaks desperately tried and failed to secure teaching jobs in B.C and ended up doing crap jobs like snowshoeing tour guiding before moving to the Yukon to take up teaching jobs there.
There are lots of outdoors-ee people wanting to be teachers, they have the same idea as you.

it's like that all over canada though. you just have to take the positions that you are given. even if they are only for a year. eventually you get you foot in with a board and can secure a decent possition in an area you want. we have to wait for all the baby boomers to retire, then there will be a huge demand for teachers. oh, and we also have to vote in provencial governments that actually support public education. a lot of people i know have trouble finding work in the lower mainland area, but the jobs up north are more vacant. powder king? smithers?

good luck man!

Thanks for reading everybody

Quote:
Originally posted by daver:

on another note, have you ever been to the selkirks? if you get in are you planning on living in castelgar? or is it feasable for you to live in the much more fun and happy/hippy town of nelson?

I got into UBC teacher education program at Selkirk College thumbsup.gif So I'm pretty sure that I will be living somewhere in the Kootenays come September. Probably starting out in Castlegar. But hopefully I can do my practicum somewhere cool like Nelson or Rossland.

My Dad did his practicum way back in the day in Kimberly which is interesting

Kootenay Pass here I come cool.gif

right on man! congradulations.

if you have an opportunity, i highly recommend a trip into kokanee glacier. the hut up there is great, the snow is totally bomber, and the access is amazing.

enjoy and be sure to post the trip reports

Toque hates huts lol.

Jessica creekboy will be coming up from your way as will my friend tats. when the time comes i can give you contacts for rides and or the bus details. anyone can give you the bus details

I've got no problem with huts

I just don't want to pay very much to use them

Whenever possible I use the free emergency huts that are found all through the mountains

Always room for people on trips. As long as you are experienced and phsically fit I have no problem getting people into the mountains