the dollar dropped halfway through the auction and I lost on the conversion. plus I payed a guy 4000yen to do the auction for me as I didn't want the hassle of setting up an ebay account etc. I came out with 73000yen.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe. I think I'm settling towards the d200. Even if the tech is upgraded and the d200 becomes outdated by the newer cameras, I'm still getting a very good new camera which will last me years. Why did you sell that lense kuma?

i think it would be good for you bp.

I was just getting too many pro lenses and was never using it.

I mean, if I have a 70-200 f2.8 why would I use the 18-200?

I've also got a 35mm f2 and a 50mm f.14 and a 12-24 f4, oh and the 10.5 fish f2.8. I just hung on to it because I thought I would use it at some event ie a wedding or something. but then I found that I would rather pack 2 or 3 lenses instead.

oh, and sell your tamron lens

gotcha. I like the look of that lens, so will have to save up some pocket money. The tamron has been more than fine for my purposes to now. If I hold on to the d70 as well as get the d200, then I may hang on to the tamron lens too. Will see. Thanks for the info thumbsup.gif

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
why don't you look up the Tokina and see what kind of lens it is before knocking it?

I don't need to. Nikkor research and development have got them innovations such as aspherical lenses, ED glass, silent wave motors, vibration reduction, super integrated coating and now Nano coating. You may think all this is marketing, but they have the patents and they are deployed in their products.

Why pay more for a Nikkor when third parties do it cheaper? See above.
 Originally Posted By: thursday
the new babe in town

2164_360.jpg

this is super

Main Features

Constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 at all focal lengths

Enhanced optical formulas, engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, render outstanding image integrity

ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration to deliver stunning sharpness and contrast

Aspherical lenses including large-diameter PGM element eliminate various types of lens aberration even at the widest aperture

Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections, effectively reducing ghosting and flare
High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction, while minimizing ghosting and flare
IF (Internal Focusing) enables focusing without changing the length of lens barrel
Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet autofocus operation
Rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
0.38 m/1.2 ft. closest focusing distance with focal length 35-50 mm
Filter attachment size of 77 mm
M/A mode enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus, even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag
Dedicated flower-shaped lens hood effectively minimizes stray light
Lens barrel is built for comfortable holding while featuring a rugged design; zoom and focusing rings provide smooth operation
Engineered to Nikon professional D-SLR standards to effectively resist dust and moisture

Constant f2.8!!!!

My next toy or two.
 Originally Posted By: thursday
 Originally Posted By: Kumapix
why don't you look up the Tokina and see what kind of lens it is before knocking it?

I don't need to. Nikkor research and development have got them innovations such as aspherical lenses, ED glass, silent wave motors, vibration reduction, super integrated coating and now Nano coating. You may think all this is marketing, but they have the patents and they are deployed in their products.

Why pay more for a Nikkor when third parties do it cheaper? See above.

pffff, come back and talk to me when you've used the lenses in question