• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say yes mate. Im 180cm and my shortest pow ski is 180cm @ 125-105-115. My other one is 184cm @ 118-90-110 or sumtin like that.

How phat is the waist?? It better be over 100... but somebody else could answer better Im sure.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
im 172 and use a 190

go equal to your size.
If you dont you will still float but it wont be as good for sure
not sure how 172 equals 190 wakaranai.gif ;\) but yeah, go your height or longer... even if they are super fat (mine are 106 underfoot, 170cm and i'm 156cm tall... and it's prolly the perfect length for me)... you'll find them more stable overall and easier to ski with in the powder - my opinion anyways... \:D

shimba that still is a big ski on you? That said you sure grew into them fast. My ski is big but tours is big and a icm fatter all over.

Lets put it easy for sava

short and fat equals easier small turns, less speed, that can a might bog you down in cerain types of deep snow. Auzzies pow days you have no worries.

Right size ski you get a great mix of everything with no bogging down.

Oversizing like shimb and myself, speed speed speed. Easier to stomp cliffs control at speed, more like surfing them sliding. You can turn em in the trees but understand that you will go faster so you need a few runs in the trees to understand the speed control that you will need.

aussie/sometimes nz pow is horrible

windpacked and yuck

got some jap pow, but would like more - was on 177cm with 70 in the waist (length seemed fine, but wayyy too thin)

90 underfoot would be perfect for not so perfect days.

If you have alot of powder wider might be better but considering possible conditions in down under and the choice of 1 pair of skis I wouldn't go too wide.

Just 5 years ago a 90 would have been a fat ski, Now it is a rather average BC ski. A good choice for on and off the groomed.

5 years ago 90mm was fat but it wasnt the fattest that you could get.

Even back then 110 was the standard heli ski.

There is so much choice right now and its good. the only problem is in a sense its hard to understand which is right for you with so much product. Volkl makes four powder sticks now.

I was looking through J-Ski mag yesturday and saw that Rossignol is releasing it's B4 ski to the public. I don't think it's called the B4 anymore though. This ski up until now was only for the pros.

Comes in 191 and has a waste of 100mm

A big big mountains ski

Not sure

they are all kind of the same I find

Each issue they review all the gear and then have articles on racers and then cheesy drills that you can do at the resorts.

I just googled it though and found that the B4 they are releasing is 94 in the waste which is what the B3 is. Then a little more searching found a waste of 98. I will have to look a little more.

Interesting this is.

Toque biglines released that news after the SIA show in vegas. you can bet that it will cost a fair bit in Japan though. Id prefer big stix 106 190 to a rossi ski. ps if you want that ski search TGR cause the bxxxx has been on sale there before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
I have seen a small mag inside a big mag that was devoted all to powder skiing. That was alright.

I'll have to have a look at Bravo and Last Frontier then
Yup, thats it. You have to buy it with Ski Journal (which suxs IMHO but J-peeps love that style of skiing I guess). Got quite a few issues of both of those mags on my desk here and a sick pic of Daisuke Sasaki in pow on my book shelf. Helps keep me cool.gif in hot weather \:D
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
I just googled it though and found that the B4 they are releasing is 94 in the waste which is what the B3 is. Then a little more searching found a waste of 98. I will have to look a little more.
Held them in my hands last week in Kanda. I didn't understand already but with your explanation I understand it better. Still don't understand why they named it B4, when it isn't the real B4? Didn't like the graphics either.
They also had the Salomon Swallow (195) That looked really sweet.
Forgot the store name, was in a side street.