the most comfortable chair lift i have ridden is suginohara, highest chairlift.

- the windshield at the front (which automatically comes up as you pull into the oriba)

- the pegs to rest your weary legs on

- the kind of catchment area at the back by your arse, so you dont drop shit as you are doing what you do during the pleasant journey up

- the ergonomically moulded seats

sure beats a T-bar anyway.

ps. anyone know how to spell 'ergonomic' properly? is it even a word??

I used to get a bit annoyed by people trying desperately to pull the safety bar down on my head after I barged onto their chair. It's not as if you'd all fall off without it. That insistent Donk! Donk! on the back of your helmet as matey keeps pulling at the bar...

The windshield bulbs are ok. But it is strange that they automatically close even when it is sunny.

The one's I have been on in Europe you had to pull them down yourself so there it is optional.

The lift at Suginohara is good.

I only ever bring the safety bar down on a few lifts that make me feel unconfortable - not keen on going in a downward direction on a lift.

I've been skiing with my kids alot the last couple of seasons. Makes me feel better kowing it's down. Sometimes I think my son looks like he is ready to fall off he's only 5 and can get on ride most lifts by himself as long as it's low enough to the ground.

I feel that way even on quads when I have a pack on - it bumps you out just enough that it seems that disconcertingly little is left on the seat. I have to turn sideways and lean back so the automatic bar/hood (or even a manual bar) doesn't knock me in the helmet.