• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the crown tis the line in the snow where the snow broke away from itself. the size of the fracture is then taken in length (across) and max depth of what broke away. The first guy skied the ridge the second guy did not. I would gather that they pooped their pants a bit.

It must have happened right after we got up there because on the announcments as we were getting ready to skin up they warned everybody about avalanches.

And there was a patroller standing just above the top chair looking into the bowl

So I was going through the pictures as I cleaned off my card and this picture got me FT

I want to ski the left couloir of the pair on the right. Looks like it gets a bit more sun than the north facing ones we want so maybe it would be softer. And as long as that ridge isn't too hard we could get into it pretty easy.

You gotta find out when you get your vacation because I don wanna ski these things on my own.

IMG_0405.sized.jpg

I would love to go up there sometime, in fact if I only did something like that once, and nothing else for the rest of the season, I'd be as satisfied as any office bunny could be.