Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
if I dont like it ill change and buy new sallys
That will be expensive
You should just buy a pair of touring boots this year or next and then downhills whenever your current boots bite it

What are you looking at for touring boots?
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
they will break on your first turn like naxos
It's a proven binding system
I wouldn't be worried at all to ski a steep BC line on them

Quote:
Originally posted by NPM:
All the pics from your BC tour are SICK but I am cant see them clearly for some reason ... Anyone else having this problem???
So you can see the pictures?
But they arn't clear right
Probably when we compress them they loose a lot of quality. Mine are going from 1.5mb down to around 50kb or less

If early is before 12

then yes

I got up at 5 to ski this morning so I might be a bit tired by then

But I'll be sure to get you up at 6 when I wake up

Maybe a little ACDC

Cause I'm TNT

I'm dynamite

TNT

haha, do it toque.

i have to get up at 4:45 to get the first shink up to Fukushima. good day tomorrow, 4 hour climb with full pack, 2 hr descent and 2hr flats to the ryokan. i hope the view's nice!

btw the new bindings are shweeeet! they feel so much more solid than the old ones, even in touring mode there's almost zero lateral give. can't wait to put 'em on the snow. plus, they only weigh a couple of ounces more so it shouldn't be much of a difference on the climb.

and i really effed the old ones, i didn't notice the broken pivot arms because they were on the other binding. one was a clean break and the other was halfway. man i'm glad i didn't hurt myself on the way to the car.

NPM, most browsers these days have a horrible setting that resizes the picture to fit the browser window. Could that be the problem? If it is, you need to find that option and uncheck it. My 2 computers died recently and I had the devil of a time rediscovering all of the tweeks I'd made to make them nicer to use.

the pivot arms on the new ones have about 4 times the cross section and aren't hollow. the plate rails are also solid instead of hollow.

if they do have problems the warranty is 2yrs. and i have some spare parts from the old ones in a jam. though i'll try to warranty them if i can

2 year warrenty is pretty good and I bet they'd even extend it if you busted them because they don't want anymore bad press

But that is a really beefy binding. I saw today that the DIN goes to 13 not that 1 extra is that big of a deal but...

Let us know if it is different

4 hours up sounds like a slog with a heavy bag. But at least you don't have all the camping stuff to carry.